This week has been wonderful and terrible

20 April 2014

Sunday Summary
So, I’m bringing this back because I like my summary posts. I was shocked when I discovered I haven't done one since March. I know it’s not my most popular feature, but I’ve always enjoyed summary posts. I enjoy them and they were the perfect place to list what I’ve been up to.

The post title sounds a bit ominous doesn’t it? My week has been great, I’ve been reading, I only worked a three day week. I’ve been social and seen friends. It’s been an excellent week for me. It’s been terrible for blogging, though. I’ve managed to get a couple of posts out, but I just posted stuff I’d mostly already written. I’m going to get back into the swing of things though. I am determined.
Untitled-2
1406195518334246186333373373318521821157908701030515617565845
So these are all the books I’ve read since my last Sunday summary post. I read Siege & Storm for the first time and I blogged my thoughts on that series here. I read Sweet Thing, which I really enjoyed. I had been intending to read that book for so long, it was even on my Spring TBR list a while back. I indulged my love for Jane Austen and read a book from the Austen Project, I own Sense & Sensibility from the same project, too. I hope to read that soon. I also indulged in some chick-lit reading in the forms of Strange Bedpersons and Just a Girl Standing in Front of a Boy, I even blogged about chick-lit being my go-to genre. Then I read Thousand Words, which was really good.

I’m currently reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Panic. I’m not normally one to have two books and the go at the same time, but my copies of DoSaB series are all hardbacks, not really travel appropriate, and I spend my commute and lunch break reading at work, so I like to have a book on the go on my kindle. I am reading DoSaB really slowly, which is unusual for me, but I am really nervous about reading the third book, I don’t want the series to end, so I’m making the series last. I’m being careful to avoid spoilers.

I’ve also been reading blog posts (a lot of them, I don’t like to share how many) and there have been some interesting reads. Chick-lit relevant discussion happened over at Natflix & Books. I have been messing with my blog template because of the excellent blogger posts I read over at These Paper Hearts. Novel Sounds returned with a great review on Open Road Summer and an awesome soundtrack to go with it, which I loved and have been listening to on repeat.
watch
MV5BMzA2NDkwODAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk5MTgzMTE@._V1__SX1303_SY548_FIN03b_TheQuietOnes_1Sht_VF-610x94032861860-32861864-largeFlower-Boy-Next-Door-Poster-2breath-in-movie-poster-1
I have been watching a range of different things. I have been to the cinema twice in two weeks! That’s a lot for me, because it’s so expensive. I went to see Captain America, which was amazing. I spent my weekend away raving about it to anyone who would listen. Then I went to see The Quiet Ones, because I am a huge horror movie fan. It’s definitely a film to see at the cinema, because the surround sound made you feel like the sounds were happening in the cinema at times, it’s proper jumpy, but I will probably never see it again. My mom got the Swedish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy on dvd back at Christmas and I’m getting around to watching those in lieu of rereading the books, because I just don’t have the time for that. I’ve renewed my love k-dramas and have been watching Flower Boy Next Door, which is adorable and sweet and I’m absolutely loving it. K-dramas are always so lovely. And finally I watched Breathe In. Another thing you may not know about me is I adore music, I love any film or book that features music as a key theme. Breathe In featured some excellent classical music, it was a a strange film, I don’t know how much I enjoyed it, but the music was flawless.

Well, until next time guys.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.