Sunday Summary // 22.10.2017

22 October 2017

Sunday Summary
Hi all, it’s Sunday again. I have had a pretty calm week once more, although I wish I had been way more productive blog wise.

I survived hurricane Ophelia with no more damage then blown about rubbish and a few branches. I also survived the creepy apocalyptic sky we experienced when the storm hit. I love how dust from the Sahara could turn the sky in the UK another colour. I now just have to make it through storm Brian with the rain and strong winds. The weather in some parts of the country really was crazy, though. I’m lucky to live in the middle of the country so we didn’t get the brunt of the storm but the dregs of it. We can’t complain like some folks and the damage caused but it’s good to see we could all joke about it with plenty of pictures of twisters being seen throughout the country (for those non-Brits a Twister is a delicious ice cream). We kept upbeat, it was a fun day on Facebook.

You know how I had a chilled week of work last week? This week was not as chilled, I am exhausted. With my supervisor out I have filled in for her this week and whilst I’ve answered everyone’s questions and trained our newbie and basically been exhausted and had the time fly by every day at work. I’ve really appreciated that half-hour lunch break so I can just relax and I’ve liked reaching the end of the day. I’m just glad I got to the weekend to relax a touch. I love being busy at work so the time will fly but it was pretty constant all week and it is mentally exhausting.

I have been playing a whole heap of The Sims this week as well. I have yet to embrace Sims 3 or 4 fully, I have moved my entire download folder over to my laptop and on my old one it took about twenty minutes to load the game, on this one it takes under five, it’s brilliant. I’ve been playing a lot of Sims recently but I also may have read one and a but new books which weren’t rereads! I celebrate small things.

What I’ve Been Reading

25750546332613865SatelliteSeeing RedEliza and her Monsters
Like I said, I have managed to read something which wasn’t a reread and that made me insanely happy. But I did begin the week rereading both Act Like It and Pretty Face. I adored both just as much the second (or third) time around. I then tried to give Satellite a chance but honestly, the style of writing wasn’t suited to me. I don’t think it helped I was reading it as an eARC. I think I could have put up with it more in a finished copy, which sounds weird, but with an ARC you end up feeling like it’s missed editing and it looks rough and ready, it’s easier to handle in an actual finished book, you know? I read Seeing Red and enjoyed it, although the MCs did bother me a bit, the mystery was brilliant. I began reading Eliza and her Monsters last night and I am loving it so far, why did you guys not force me to read it as soon as I said I’d bought a copy?

New To Me

KeepsakeReady Player One
I got two more books this week and I am proud there weren’t more (I shop more when I’m stuck in a bit of a slump and a loss as to what to read… probably in the hopes I’d find something good to pick up). And both these books were on offer so I sort of accidentally bought them. I am determined to read everything Sarina Bowen has ever written, though, so I will keep buying this True North series even if I have yet to read. And the trailer for Ready Player One reminded me I wanted to read and it’ll take a year for me to remember to remind my brother I want to borrow his copy. It was easier to treat myself to the Kindle Daily Deal instead.

What have you been up to this week? Anyone else find themself playing games which are over ten years old and unable to move on? No? Just me? That’s cool.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.