Sunday Summary 16/01/2022

16 January 2022

 Header image with cream background and a lot green rectangle at the bottom. Says Sunday Summary 16th january 2022. There's a central photo of a foggy garden with just the outline of some trees and houses across the back field.

My positivity about 2022 was premature. The second week was much less successful. My stepdad got covid (he's ok, says it just feels like a bad cold) so he's in isolation at my mom's (she managed to avoid catching it thus far) and it means I can't spend my evening hanging at theirs which I usually do after work. I've managed to get out Thursday with a friend and I've been stealing Milo for daily walks but it almost feels like I've caught covid being stuck at home alone for the week waiting for his negative tests. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to go round again and hang out. I've missed properly chilling with Milo and just catching up with them. I've tried to stay positive, though. It was nowhere near as bad as 3 months of being stuck at home during the lockdowns, I can go out and see people and I've been able to go on walks and that really is the important part.


The interruption to my routine impacted my blogging motivation. I even had a second post drafted for this week but I just couldn't motivate myself to format and create a header and so I decided to leave it. I think because I was feeling a little down it meant I felt like my blog writing was a little off. It's cool, I've had Wordle as a distraction and I've been reading so it's cool. The second season of Cheer also dropped mid-week so I've been watching that on my evenings and it's been such a great escape for me. I did not expect how often the show would make me tear up, I really didn't. I just miss hanging out with my family, though. I've had to feed myself every night this week and had no takeaways! It's a travesty, I may be 30 years old but that doesn't mean I want to be a responsible adult every night. It's bad enough having to work full time and chase my solicitors on the daily to try and move, now I have to feed myself and do household chores? Ugh, it's just not fair. do my evening hangout at theirs on the daily. I've had to spend the whole week at home!


It's cool, the second week has been boring, lots of work and reading and sleep but I've got stuff booked for later in the year and it's not like I can afford to do much anyway, I'm holding out for payday when I can treat myself to stuff again. I've done a lot of fantasy shopping where you add everything you want to your shopping basket and then sweat and the basket total and save everything until later.

 

What I've Been Reading

 

How to Save an Undead Life - Hailey EdwardsHow to Claim an Undead Soul - Hailey EdwardsHow to Break an Undead Heart - Hailey EdwardsHow to Dance an Undead Waltz - Hailey EdwardsHow to Live an Undead Lie - Hailey EdwardsHow to Claim an Undead City - Hailey Edwards

One good thing from being stuck at home is my reading time has been insane. I've very much used reading as an escape and a break from the things bothering me and I love that for me. I started The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy series at the very end of last week and I am hooked! I would have read more but I did have a couple of early nights this week so didn't get in my usual hour of reading before crashing. At first, I was like, what is this awful series that you're reading, but by the third book, I was totally hooked. I mean, the first two books weren't bad but I think I could just tell a couple of characters were blergh and needed them to skedaddle before I could truly enjoy the series. I'm on book 6 now and I know the last 3 books are extended epilogues so I cannot wait to have the main story wrapped up and just have three novella-length books of fluff to look forward to. And then I can say I've finished 3 series this year! But this one I hadn't started so I don't know if I should count a series I started and finished this year? I kind of want to finish series I'd started and abandoned partway through instead.

 

New To Me

I've bought nothing this week. I did borrow most of The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy from KU so they're my only new books. I do have 4 audible credits to use before I cancel my subscription so please give me audio recs below but I'm proud there have been no purchases, just a couple of preorders but preorders don't count until they actually arrive, right?


And that is my week. Pretty dull really but I left the house and I've been reading so I won't complain too much. How was your week? And what audiobooks do I need to get ASAP?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.