Second Chance with Her Billionaire // It Was Spectacular

01 March 2019

Second Chance with Her Billionaire
Published: 21st February 2019

Source: Netgalley

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Second Chance

My Rating:
From I don’t
To I do?
Summer Bishop knew her parents’ anniversary party in stunning South Africa would be hard. Spending the weekend with her gorgeous ex-husband, Wyatt Montgomery, reminds Summer of their painful divorce but also – inconveniently – why she fell in love with him!

I requested this book on Netgalley on impulse. It arrived in my Mills & Boon Insiders email and I knew the author name immediately, Nick had mentioned several of her books, so I knew I should take the chance whilst there was one up for request.

I have no regrets.

It was an emotional rollercoaster of a book and I adored every second of it.

I was hesitant when I saw it was a second chance romance where the couple were previously married. I couldn't figure out how it could be written for me to believe the couple actually were meant to be together and deserved a HEA. I thought they would have too many issues between them and I'd be struggling to believe their reunion. After all, there had to be a reason they didn’t work out together and I couldn’t see how that giant obstacle could be overcome.

I was wrong. It worked perfectly.

Inside these pages, I discovered a beautifully written romance of two characters, Summer and Wyatt, who so obviously belonged together but were pushed apart by each other, but also by their own past. The pair so obviously loved one another, from the first time they are on the page together their connection was undeniable. Their divorce happened for very real reasons, their own personal issues meant that the first time around as much as they meant to each other it could never have worked. But this time around, no matter how much they may not have realised it, they were meant to be together. They needed the two years apart to grow and learn more about themselves so they could come together once more and work on the issues they had as a couple too.

I did not expect to become so invested in their lives and their struggles. I didn't want to put the book down once I started. I loved Summer as soon as she was eyeing up the waiter hoping he could act as a buffer for the awkward moment she would see her ex-husband again. And I fell for Wyatt as soon as I learnt of his past and felt for him when I realised how his past would affect how he felt about the divorce as Summer asked for the divorce not him. It was just spectacular and I was emotionally invested from the first page.

It killed me seeing both of them avoiding talking about their divorce and both misunderstanding what happened there. And then when they did discuss it I was crying as they still weren't listening to each other and I so desperately wanted them to work things out with each other. I don’t think I’ve been so invested in a couple getting back together as I was here. I genuinely teared up a little bit reading this because it was heartbreaking how much they loved each other and how they truly were what the other wanted. They were each other's rock in a lot of ways and so it hurt they weren't together.

Honestly, I've not read any of Therese Beharrie's books before but I feel like I need to get all of them now.

Have you read anything by Therese Beharrie, any recommendations on which I should get next? And if you haven’t, has my review convinced you to give it a try?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.