Sunday Summary // 08.05.2016

08 May 2016

Sunday Summary
Welcome, once more, to a summary of my week. I wish I could claim to have done something exciting, but I do not wish to lie to you. I’ve been working and seeing friends and have spent the week generally feeling a bit rubbish.

The sun has come out this week and we’ve been experiencing the first hints of summer and that has helped cheer me up and gotten me out of bed. I wish I knew why I’ve felt so rubbish, I think I’ve been coming down with something and the orange juice just has not been doing what I wanted it to, which was stop me getting sick. Oh well, it’s mostly passed and I’m hoping to feel a bit more with it and a lot more motivated next week.

I’ve been feeling rubbish and that has made me very unproductive blogging wise. I was over a week behind in replying to comments and I didn’t start reading blog posts until Thursday so I had a whole heap of catching up to do. Don’t even ask about new blog posts, this is the first one I’ve written since last Saturday, which is a shame.

As some of you who follow me on Twitter may have seen my grand plans for catching up on blogging and comments went horribly awry when I found myself talked into a last minute night out. I went to a Prince tribute night at one of my favourite local bars and found myself drinking cocktails called purple rainbows and dancing to bad music. It was so much fun but Saturday morning was less enjoyable. I found myself hungover and had to force myself to leave my bed and see a friend who was visiting from London. I had to catch up on my blog reading and blog comments and generally look at blog things whilst feeling a bit like death… not good.

You’d think that having spent the vast majority of my time not at work in bed would have led to me getting lots of reading done, but it just hasn’t. I’ve read plenty, but I’ve struggled to enjoy books as much as I usually do. I think it was only Saturday night that my enjoyment of reading returned. Who knows what’s been wrong, but you know it’s not good when you’re feeling indifferent to reading, a hobby you normally adore.

What I’ve Been Reading

9690444258095211879898323308084
As you can see, I’ve done a fair bit of reading, although some books were more enjoyable than others. My least enjoyable was Wrong Number, Right Guy, I just failed to connect with it in any way and the fact that it was set in New Orleans even failed to spark an interest. Shadow Kin is next in the enjoyment scale, I liked it but I kept finding myself comparing it to The Shattered Court and being upset I wasn’t loving it like I did that book. Then I began re-reading The Wrath And The Dawn and I really enjoyed it, although it took a while to get into it. I immediately picked up The Rose and the Dagger after finishing that, I am so ready to see how this story will conclude.

New To Me

29611938258095212437972723308084
I’ve had a pretty tame buying week. I’ve begun two of the books I’ve bought already, which is quite an achievement for me. I impulse bought Pairing Off after a mention about it on Smart Bitches, Trashy Books and Enemy was my Kindle First pick for this month. Wrong Number, Right Guy was an impulse buy after seeing it was set in New Orleans, and sadly a disappointment. My pre-order of The Rose and The Dagger finally arrived this week as well, I was so excited to get it and I immediately began rereading The Wrath and The Dawn in preparation.

That is my week, how have your weeks been? Anyone else been left disappointed by a book they thought would be a fun easy read? And what books have you been reading lately? I’m always on the look out for new things.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.