Sunday Summary 23/01/2022

23 January 2022


It's going to be a quick one today as I may have a confirmed moving date (finally) so my days are very much focused on packing. I am going to try and blog as often as I can but don't be surprised at a drop in posts for the next few weeks. It's a little upsetting as I had blog posts planned and half drafted for the next 2 weeks! I'll just have to spread them out a little more so I can get one post up a week for a while as I get things sorted. But it's exciting! I will say, after a day of packing Saturday it's boring as and you will never have enough boxes to move with. Hopefully, I can get everything sorted, though.

 

Anyway, I said I wouldn't update you on house things until I moved so that's all the update you're getting until I'm actually in the new house. I don't think I'll believe I've moved until then.

 

My week continued with my stepdad still testing positive on his lateral flow tests (are they called lateral flow tests everywhere? I saw someone call them rapid antigen tests so now I'm thinking they have different names) but anyway he's not managed to test negative yet. He's feeling much better, but it did mean he did the full 10 days of self isolation. It would have been far more convenient if I'd had my moving date confirmed then because I was at home all the time I might as well have packed! Too late now, but it's nice to be able to see my family properly again and order a takeaway! I treated us to pizza when he was allowed out which is a smart move as that's food for 2 days sorted. I had originally planned to meet up with a friend this week as it's been a while since I've seen her but when I'd said my step dad had it she thought it best to wait a while. She's been very strict on covid and managed to avoid it so I can't blame her, just sucks as I was excited for an evening out of the house.

 

It's been another busy working week for me. I shouldn't complain, it's keeping my mind focused which I need but I miss the chilled working days from my old company sometimes. But then my current company pays better and they're far more positive and supportive so I know it was the right move. They're having another office team meeting next week so I have to go into the office to look forward to. It'll remind me I don't love the commute but I will like seeing people face to face and hopefully, I can get some book reading in too. There isn't anything social planned for that day at work so it shouldn't be such a long day out at least. The last time I went to the office I was out of the house for 15 hours and I was exhausted.

 

What I've Been Reading

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon - Kimberly LemmingDragon Unleashed - Grace DravenMistlefoe - Kimberly Lemming

A slower reading week this week as I had house stuff to focus on, but I still read some good books. Kimberly Lemming became a must read author for me after I read That Time I Go Drunk and Saved a Demon after seeing in the Swoon Awards nominations. It was hilarious and the light hearted type of romance you normally see in contemporary in a fantasy setting. It definitely made reading Dragon Unleashed a little jarring as it was the exact opposite, so I had to go back read Mistlefoe afterwards for some more light hearted fun.

 

New To Me

 

I had 2 KU borrows but no new purchases again. I obviously should have started using my Kindle Unlimited more in the first place.

 

What have you been doing this week? Have you voted in the Swoon Awards yet? I can't be the only one using it to create a reading list of the books I missed.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.