Sunday Summary // 17th April 2022

17 April 2022

I made it through covid and am finally out of my covid isolation! I was so happy to get outside seeing people again because that week at home had definitely left me craving human contact. What was brilliant is it was perfectly timed to coincide with the Easter bank holiday weekend here in the UK. I got out on Thursday and it meant I could actually go out during the 4 day weekend and do stuff. What were the things I did? Mostly seeing my family and Milo and I went to the pub. It was really nice, though. I think I got lucky because we've actually had some really sunny weather for the weekend, which is not guaranteed for a bank holiday weekend and here in the UK that means the pub gardens have been full and everyone is trying to drive to the seaside. I've just been sitting in my mom's garden reading and hanging with Milo when I've not been one of the many at the pub anyway.

 

I started the week working and feeling a little down about being stuck at home so I'm glad I could end it with some positivity. I did find myself getting all introspective at home thinking about how we're acting like covid is over and it frustrated me, but I am glad I had the freedom to be able to work from home and avoid contact with people. I'm sure many people's employers are much stricter about working from home and with the mandatory requirement to stay home many probably have no choice but to go to work sick and spread covid. I got more frustrated by it all when the government is saying infection rates are dropping in England but considering we've ended mass testing and the UK government says not to report the results of the free tests anyone might have left, of course, the rates are going down. We have literally been told not to tell anyone if we have covid.

 

Anyway, enough about covid. I've spent a lot of time reading and outside this weekend since we've had some nice weather. It's amazing how much the sun can lift your mood. Sadly, being out in my garden also reminded me I seriously need to sort the weeds and I need to figure out shifting the gravel in my 'low maintenance' garden and lay some turf down so I can have grass once more! I should have really used the long weekend to be productive as I'll potentially be in the office twice next week so less time for blogging, but potentially more time for reading with the commute. Instead, I'm trying to spend it outside reading in my garden or my mom's, my preference is my mom's as less outdoor guilt and a nicer garden to look at.

 

What I've Been Reading

I didn't read too much at the start of the week. I decided last weekend to tackle the books for my monthly reading challenge and picked out books from my shelves to achieve it which led me to read The Little Shop of Happy Ever After. I don’t think I’d have gotten around to it for a long while if it wasn’t for the Buzzword Reading Challenge prompt, which is silly because I’ve enjoyed every Jenny Colgan book I’ve ever read. The only problem I had is that I picked up One Last Stop for the 2022 Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge I wasn’t really in the mood for it so my reading of that book was slow. The sun came out Thursday and I think that helped me power through and finish. I then picked up The Ex Talk to read in the sun and flew through it in 2 days. It wasn’t my favourite but it approached a few things I found really interesting and I definitely need to buy her next adult romance.

 

New To Me

I didn't buy a single book this week. I will have a post going up next week which might help explain why but I'm trying to focus on reading what I own… as well as a few Kindle Unlimited reads because you have to find something new somehow, right?

 

What have you been doing this week? Does anyone else find themselves just generally cheerier when the sun is out, even if they're stuck doing housework?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.