Sunday Summary // 10th April

10 April 2022

Square image with a photo of a positive lateral flow test in the centre. Handwritten note with arrow points at the test and says I tested positive for covid. The image is headed up with Sunday Summary 10th April 2022

Hi, it's me again. I took a far longer break than intended from blogging for many reasons but I’m back now.

 

I intended to be back a couple of weeks ago, it was going to be a small break from blogging as I was feeling a little overwhelmed with world news, because who wouldn't be? I knew my head wasn’t in the right place and I didn’t want to force myself to blog and risk burnout. I figured a couple of weeks off and I’d be back by the end of March at the latest. After those couple of weeks I still wasn’t ready but began drafting some posts thinking I’d be ready the week after but then real life got really busy instead. Instead of rushing I decided to wait until after my plans IRL were over and I’d be back… and then I caught covid.

 

For anyone worried, I am totally ok. I felt rubbish a few days ago but I think I am through the worst of it. I am triple jabbed and that vaccine has totally done it’s job and I’ve fought it off. It began with a sore throat and a cough, I got a temperature and now I am just horribly congested and have a lingering cough. I’ve managed to work from home the whole time as I haven’t felt too bad. I think I felt worse before I tested positive but since my positive test Friday I’ve started to feel better. Honestly, the hardest part for me has been when I became congested as I’ve needed to figure out how to sleep sitting up. I've created a lovely pillow nest to keep me upright. Does it look ridiculous? Yes. But it's managing to get some rest which is the most important part. I'm sure I'll be back to 100% by the end of next week.

There are some positives to being stuck at home. One of them is the fact I’ve not had to bother wearing a bra all week. And I can save a bit of money not going anywhere, but then there’s the temptation to spend lots of money online instead. It just sucks because I live alone. I've had to get my mom to drop round supplies to me and I've not been able to see Milo, which has been upsetting as he's apparently not been himself this week. I'm hoping it's nothing but we shall see. What I really hate living alone is when you're feeling run down you just want someone to go make you a cup of tea or grab you something while you lie about feeling sorry for yourself. Sadly, I've had to do it all for myself instead. It's fine, it just means I haven't done the housework or anything productive this week. I’ve only washed up because I was running out of plates and teaspoons so I’ve had no choice. I actually had planned to prolong my blog absence originally because doing anything felt like effort when I could lie under a blanket and watch TV when I wasn’t working but I got bored Saturday since I was feeling better but couldn’t go anywhere and I didn’t have work to focus on to keep me busy. Who knew I was a person that needed to be kept busy?

 

I was away on a hen do in Liverpool last weekend, which is why I delayed my grand return to blogging. It was a lot of fun. We did a Britney Spears dance class (I was shocking, let's not talk of it further) and we went for good food and drinks and it was just a weekend of fun. There was some drama but as a whole just us enjoying the weekend with good friends. It's also 100% where I caught covid as two of the people I with also ended up testing positive this week. I can't be too annoyed, it's just frustrating it was my first weekend doing stuff in a long while and it happened. I suppose, it was inevitable and it teaches me being social is a risky business. There is a reason I avoid it so much but I’m glad it felt worth it.

 

What else have I done? I was meant to be going into work for a party this week but had to cancel, even before I tested positive I didn't want to spread any germs to anyone. We've got a couple of things planned after Easter with work, though, so I can look forward to seeing people then. I've spent my weekend watching a lot of TV to keep myself busy. I can 100% recommend CODA, it was such a good film but it made me tear up a little which is never a good plan when you're already congested. I finished Ted Lasso last week before I was sick and that was brilliant! I wish I’d watched it sooner. I don't know if there' much else worth watching on Apple TV+ but I've got the time so if I find anything I’ll be sure to report back. Apart from that? I watched the Formula 1 highlights and I've returned to watching Drive to Survive on Netflix. I also started a show called Motherland which is a decent comedy on Netflix, I think it’s a BBC comedy which are always hit or miss for me. And I've been rewatching Derry Girls as it's back on TV Tuesday and I cannot wait.

 

What I've Been Reading

The Brightest Star in Paris - Diana BillerA Match Made For Thanksgiving - Jackie LauChristmas For Commitmentphones - Rhoda BaxterBeautiful + Dirty - Katrina JacksonThe Wedding Setup - Sonali DevThe Best Thing - Mariana ZapataLick - Kylie ScottOne of us is Lying - Karen M McManusPlay - Kylie ScottSecrets of a Summer Night - Lisa KleypasIt Happened One Autumn - Lisa KleypasThe Devil in Winter - Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring - Lisa KleypasMine Till Midnight - Lisa KleypasSeduce me at Sunrise - Lisa KleypasThe Un-Arranged Marriage - Laura Brown

I wasn't going to recap everything I'd read since I last blogged but why not give you a sample of what will be appearing in my March wrap up. As you can see, there’s been a lot of rereading happening again. After finishing Bridgerton and hating so many things about the second season I needed a good historical romance to refresh myself with and a reread of some Lisa Kleypas seemed like a perfect plan. Sadly, i lost steam once I started the Hathaway’s series, I enjoyed the first book in the series a lot more second time around but once I started the second one I’d fallen out of the mood for it. I finished once I got back from Liverpool but then read The Un-Arranged Marriage as I fancied a contemporary read again and now I don’t know what I want to read.

 

New To Me

The Unbound Queen - M J ScottLast Night - Mhairi McFarlaneThe Forbidden Heir - M J ScottAccidentally Engaged - Farah HeronA Touch of Darkness - Scarlett St ClairPayback's a Witch - Lana HarperThe Ex Hex - Erin SterlingGood Girl, Bad Blood - Holly JacksonAs Good As Dead - Holly JacksonOnly When It's Us - Chloe LieseRosaline Palmer Takes the Cake - Alexis HallSnowspelled - Stephanie BurgisSeduce me at Sunrise - Lisa KleypasThe Un-Arranged Marriage - Laura Brown

I admit I bought more books than necessary. In the past few weeks I've returned to leaving the house more and went to an actual supermarket to shop for once and ended up with more physical books. I’ve also been trying to stock up on books I’ve read and enjoyed but might not own either because I got an arc or because I want a physical copy on my shelf. I’ll be talking in another post about my book buying issues but I’ve plans to read more of what I buy.

 

How is everyone feelings? Any recommendations for shows or books to keep my busy while I'm home? And what have I missed during my absence?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.