Sunday Summary 6th March 2022

06 March 2022


I have descended into comfort reads and chocolate this week. The news and the world in general sucks right now and although I'm doing what I can to stay informed I also totally can't watch the news at weekends as I need the break. Someone I used to work with is going out to Poland to help those fleeing Ukraine and I am so proud of her. She is raising money for the charities she’ll be going out to support at the same time and is taking time off work to do it. I would share the link for her fundraising but as it's not mine I won't as I know she’s only really shared it with folks she knows as far as I’m aware.

 

I wish I could say I've been productive in real life to excuse the lack of blogging and blog hopping I've been doing but all I've done lately is watch TV and play Pokemon. I guess that is a sign of how things are isn't it? I’m not apologising, I’m doing what works for me. That and even though I only had a 3 day working week I’ve just wanted to sleep all the time after work. Work has been draining lately which isn’t great, but it’ll pass.

 

I did meet up with a friend for food in the week, though. It was so nice to do something normal and get out of the house. It did turn into a slight palaver with an accident shutting the road on one route we were gonna take and ended up having to change which restaurant we ate it in the end but we still had a great time and I am so glad we went out. I'd not seen my friend in forever so a chance to just catch up and chat shit was great.

 

I also did something I really didn't want to do which was go to the dentists. I haven’t been to see one in a long time. I hate to almost fit into the British stereotype of having bad teeth by not going but dentists are scary and expensive! I don’t have bad teeth, though, or I don’t think so. They might not be bright white and totally straight but they are straight enough and haven’t caused me any issues which is really the important thing isn’t it? After avoiding the dentists for many years I finally called them two years ago but with the pandemic I had to join a waitlist and guess who finally called me back? I was so nervous but I've only got to have one filling which I feel is pretty impressive when I think about it. Hopefully that's the extent of it, as it looks like my teeth cleaning and flossing routine has be doing me good. And I thought I was wasting money on these things but I'm not! I celebrated by eating chocolate. Don't think that was what my dentist hoped for.

 

What I've Been Reading

Battle Royal - Lucy Parker Song of Blood and Stone - L. Penelope 257505463 32613865 Legends and Lattes - Travis Baldree

As I said, it's all about the comfort read this week. I honestly thought the pandemic was the peak when it came to stress and the past few years but what did I know? I started the week finishing Battle Royal and I was totally wrong, I was definitely in the mood for that book and shame on me sleeping for so long on a Lucy Parker book when i know she's my favourite. I seriously enjoyed it so much. When I went back to work I finish Song of Blood and Stone and I just wasn't in the mood for it. Usually audiobooks work better for books I'm not in the mood for so it sucks that wasn't the case. I think I tuned out a lot when listening but I refused to reduce book speed as i wanted to be done already. I then started reading Act like It as it's my ultimate comfort read and then continued on to Pretty Face. I've been reading Legends & Lattes on and off but the pacing is slow and, like I said, comfort is key right now for me.

 

New To Me

I'm impressed I didn't get more books. I am big on treating myself when it comes to my birthday but I've talked myself down. I did treat myself to new boots so I guess that might be why I didn't feel I needed more books? I even have a book voucher, what is wrong with me?

 

What have you done this week? Does anyone else choose Lucy Parker as their go to comfort read author or do you read new things?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.