February 2022 Wrap Up

04 March 2022

February is always my favourite for my month since it's my birthday month. It's usually a month which most people are feeling a little down. It's still cold out and the days are short, but it at least gives me something to look forward to. I would say it was a good month but there have been a lot of terrible things in the news. A lot happened to me in such a short month. I started the month moving house and I ended it with my birthday, and in between, there was a lot of work and unpacking and plain old change. I even managed to squeeze in a trip into the office. It was all happening so I'm proud of everything I managed to get done last month, even if I ended the month feeling much more negative about the world 

 

Music of the Month

I struggled to decided which song to pick this month but finally settled on The Joker and the Queen. The newest Ed Sheeran album hasn't been my favourite, but I did like his edition of this song with Taylor Swift (because how could I not).

 

What I Read

It was another decent reading month. Not quite as much read as January but I did still manage to get a lot more reading done then I expected. 15 whole books finished even though I did end the month in a little slump, or at least in a lost reading mood as I’ve not been able to settle back in to figure out exactly what I am in the mood for.

5 Stars

The Love Hypothesis - Ali Hazelwood Battle Royal - Lucy Parker

The Love Hypothesis // Battle Royal

4-4.75 Stars

Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman The One For You -  Roni Loren The Sandman - Neil Gaiman, Dirk Maggs Stealing Mr Right - Tamara Morgan Saving Mr Perfect  - Tamara Morgan Seeking Mr Wrong - Tamara Morgan One of Us Is Lying - Karen McManus

Neverwhere // The One For You // The Sandman Act 1 // Stealing Mr Right // Saving Mr Perfect // Seeking Mr Wrong // One of Us Is Lying

3-3.75 Stars

The Wedding Bait - Adele Buck Method Acting - Adele Buck Feral Sins - Suzanne Wright Beach Read - Emily Henry Under Her Skin - Adriana Anders By her Touch - Adriana Anders

The Wedding Bait // Method Acting // Feral Sins // Beach Read // Under Her Skin // By Her Touch


Books I Unhauled

I unhauled 25 more books. I was going to list them like I did last month but how boring would that be? Some I fully didn't attempt to read and just looked and the summary and knew it wasn't to my tastes anymore and some I tried the first couple of chapters and just couldn't get into the writing. And this is why you should read samples of books before impulse buying them people!

 

Reading Challenges

 

2022 Monthly Key Word Challenge

Midnight, Never, Into, Sun, Love, Good, Spell, Search

Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman

Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman

I did worry that this one was pushing it a little but Never is in the title so it counts! I just wish I'd enjoyed it a little more. Or at least the book version because the audiobook I listened to was great but I usually really enjoy reading Neil Gaiman books as well. I do blame mood reading for e not enjoying it to be fair.

 

Buzzword Reading Challenge

A book with a pronoun in the title

The One For You -  Roni Loren

The One For You - Roni Loren

I needed the push to finally finish this series. For whatever reason I couldn't get into it when it first came out a couple of years ago. I regret that now because I really enjoyed it, stupid mood reading always getting in the way of me reading good books. 

 

Beat the Backlist

I completed 7 more of the prompts. Still, 35 prompts remaining but I’m hoping I’ll manage to do it by the end of the year. I started strong in January and now I will slowly work through the prompts to the end of the year. I read 14 more pre-2022 books. I’ve only read one 2022 release so far, I do worry this means I’ll be playing catch up next year for 2022 reads but I am always behind on releases so it’ll be fine.

What I Blogged

 

I admit, my blogging month was far less spectacular than my reading. I’m not mad about it, I’ve been enjoying reading and I’ve just not been in the mood to sit at my computer for more hours after work but I do need to get into a good work/life/blog balance somehow.

Sunday Summary // 06/02/2022

Sunday Summary // 13/02/2022

January 2022 Wrap Up

So Many Reviews //  Fantasy Books I’ve Read Lately

Sunday Summary // 20th February 2022

I was today year’s old when I learnt books might be changed based on publishing location

Sunday Summary // 27th February 2022

 

TV/Film Highlights


The highlights of February are easy to choose from. I couldn't stop watching One of Us Is Lying on Netflix. I hadn't read the book when I started watching it but that's ok. It made it tenser since I had no clue who did what and I was kept guessing, luckily for me, the book still held up after watching.

 

My other highlight? Only Murders in the Building. I started watching it originally when it first came out on Disney+ but, as with most things, I am terrible about watching weekly unless it's on actual TV. No idea why. It was recced on the Toni and Ryan podcast and I remembered how much I enjoyed it. I need the second series! I'm totally hooked, and it was laugh out loud funny at points which is a rarity for TV comedies for me right now.

 

What were your February highlights? Am I the only one who found February to be a bit of a meh month by the end?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.