Halloween Creatures Book Tag

31 October 2018

screen-shot-2018-09-17-at-10-17-49-pm

So I was tagged by Greg over at Book Haven and since I’m stuck in a slump I figured what better time to do a tag then now? Also, I can totally post in time for Halloween! So two birds, one stone and all that.
Rules:
  • Answer all prompts.
  • Answer honestly.
  • Tag 1-13 people.
  • Link back to this post.
  • Remember to credit the creator. (Anthony @ Keep Reading Forward)
  • Have fun!

Witch


A Magical Character or Book.

25350996
Erm… so I read a lot of books with magic in but my mind is blank. I was going to say Harry Potter but seems obvious. Let’s do something that some interpret as Harry Potter related and go Carry On. There’s a sequel coming out after all and we all love a good sequel… and Rainbow Rowell.



Werewolf


The Perfect Book to Read at Night.


Bayou Born
So… for me a book for reading at night is a cosy nice read, is that weird? But since I know you guys will prefer a bit of a different read I figure a book which had some hints of romance but also had a bit of mystery to it, too. Bayou Born was an awesome urban fantasy which I can see me reading during these darker nights (and urban fantasy is a good genre for Halloween, right?).



Frankenstein


A Book that Truly Shocked You.

The Arrangement

One book I was completely shocked by, and didn’t even expect to like when I first started, was The Arrangement. I know some folks won’t enjoy it but hot damn I love when a book goes nowhere that you expected and is still good.



The Devil

A Dark, Evil Character.

31366516
I honestly don’t know which character to choose. There have been a few where I have full on hated a person. I do distinctly remember hating the Duke of Selburn in The Dark Days Pact and since the third book is due out in November what better time to bring up the series? He was the absolute worst.



Grim Reaper


A Character that Should Never Have Died.


24548235
Can we all address the totally unnecessary killing of all the people who died in Harry Potter, especially the last book? I know there would be death in a war (kind of comes with the territory) but it was brutal. From Dobby to Tonks, all of it made me cry and I was not happy.


Zombie


A Book that Made You “Hungry” for More


16069030
Can we just go with a book which made me hungry instead? But I do remember making grabby hands when I finished The Winner’s Curse because that book was soo good. That series is amazing in fact. Read it.

Gargoyle


A Character that You Would Protect at All Cost.


29748925
Most characters, tbh. I do think I would protect Lazlo Strange because he was just too lovely. Too sweet and too pure.

Vampire


A Book that Sucked the Life Out of You.

10194157

I could never get into the Grisha series. I wanted to. I tried valiantly. I read the first two books and may even have the third but I absolutely loathe them.

Ghost


A Book that Still Haunts You.

27969081
I don’t think any book haunts me. It still bothers me that I had to DNF Labyrinth Lost even though there were amazing reviews. I think I may return to that one and give it another shot. I don’t like being the black sheep!


Demon


A Book that Really Scared You.

26802679

So I read Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt a couple of years back and I honestly had the creepiest dream about a witch after that. The Black Rock Witch has her eyes and mouth sewn and shut and randomly appears all over the place and honestly the slow pacing and weirdness of it all seeped into my dreams obviously. It was amazing, few horrors are as atmospheric as a horror film can be… this one was and I strongly recommend it.


Skeleton

A Character You Have a Bone to Pick With.


Every character in a romance novel? Like why do they not use their damn words?



Mummy


A Book You Would Preserve Throughout Time.

Summer Skin

So many books! I think currently it would be Summer Skin because that book had such sex positive vibes it was totally amazing and I want everyone to red it and hopefully more and more people will read.


Creepy Doll

A Cover too Scary to Look At

Cuckoo Song
I own know books with a creepy cover so I turned to Google for this one and this is a pretty damn creepy cover.

And if you want to do this I tag you! (Does that count as tagging someone?).

And there is my Halloween post. Do you agree with any of my choices and what would you choose?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.