Sunday Summary // 26.06.2016

26 June 2016

Sunday Summary
I can officially say that this week has been one of those weeks. It’s had it’s good points and it’s bad ones and I don’t know how to feel about it. I mean, I know how I’ll feel about it when this post actually goes up as I’m off to celebrate my best friend’s 25th birthday in style. Which means drinking and dancing and trying to convince her the world doesn’t end at 25 (I don’t know where she got this idea from). As such, I will be very hungover and hibernating under the covers when this gets posted. I may find time to catch up on blogging (I’m about two weeks behind) but only if a screen doesn’t hurt my eyes so I make no promises.

I began the week on a high. On Monday I went back to work after a week off (not great, but it was nice to have structure to my days, once more) and my parents returned from their holiday (much more exciting news). More excitingly, I returned to work and found myself winning Employee of the Month. We all joked it was because I hadn’t been there to upset anyone, but I don’t care I will enjoy my gift voucher spending. I see books in my future.

It was a nice start to the week to know my attempts to shut up and enjoy myself at work had paid off. Work has even been really good this week. I’ve enjoyed going back and I’ve been able to have a laugh and not feel like I’m constantly on edge. Maybe I needed the break, who knows? It was nice to be content at work.

Sadly, not everything this week has been good. I’m sure people will be aware by now that the UK was holding a referendum on whether or not to remain in the EU. It was something I was genuinely bored of hearing about but genuinely cared to vote for. I, along with  lot of the younger generations, wanted to remain in the EU. I was sad to wake up Friday and learn that the UK would have to begin the process of leaving the EU and try and carve out our own little corner or the world. It’s sad news and I will never be happy about it, but now I will have to wait and see what the future holds. I will not go off about politics because that is not what I do here, but I will say I think this is the wrong decision but I hope my pessimism is out in full force on that one and it will not have the huge impact I am expecting. It is uncertain times right now and so I will turn to books and hope for the best.

Shall we get back to bookish things instead?

What I’ve Been Reading

2881779921167166
I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump this week. I’ve enjoyed it when I’ve been reading but I’ve not felt much motivation to actually pick up a book. I’m still reading Summer Days, Summer Nights and I love it. I can dip in and out and I like that about anthologies. As for Omens, I began reading it this week and I am enjoying it, but it’s only been Saturday that I’ve developed an urge to actually read again. Hopefully this book will end my mini slump.

New To Me

2338000627064385
I’ve been very tame in my new to me books. The Unleashing was bought purely because the Smart Bitches podcasts convinced me to give Shelly Laurenston a chance. Her writing sounds like it will be weird but good and I’m hoping it’ll end up being strangely addictive. As for Ivory and Bone… spoilers to Fairyloot box for June, but that’s the book which came in it. I’m intrigued to get reading as I’ve seen this book on several blogs and managed to avoid reviews for it. I’m hoping I’ll enjoy it.

How has your week been? Anyone else surprised by the EU referendum? And has anyone else ever returned to week to be given an award when you haven’t been there to deserve it.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.