Sunday Summary // 14.04.2019

14 April 2019


Another week has both dragged and flown by and it’s weird. This is the first week I don’t have a whole weeks worth of posts scheduled so I don’t have to worry about what to post next. It’s a bit weird, but luckily I’ve read a couple of awesome books to review and I have discussion ideas which haven’t made it screen (yet).

I will say I had typed up a totally awesome post for you guys last week as a discussion but then for some reason, my computer didn’t save it! Rude. I don’t know what happened but it annoyed me so that discussion may never see the light of day since I have now forgotten half of what I typed up there. Always a nightmare, but we shall see. And I’m more annoyed because I didn’t click post because I couldn’t be bothered to do a nice post header image at the time so left it until later. Why does my computer hate me for me being lazy! The lesson learnt from this is don’t be lazy.

I feel like a continual trend is how little I do each week. I had a lovely breakfast at a friend’s last Sunday. That’s always good and we went to the pub Thursday (she’s been bailing on our regular catch up night lately for work! I know, some people having a commitment to their job… I do no relate). It’s always nice seeing friends. I did hope I’d get to catch up with another next week but looks like it’s not meant to be because timings are hard. It’s one of them, life gets in the way.

I did decide to sort myself out and get tidying this weekend, though. I’ve vowed to avoid supermarkets at weekends because we all know what a nightmare that is, so I decided my Saturday would be all about vacuuming, dusting, and pulling some books off of shelves to get rid of them (or send to charity). In the process of cleaning, I also discovered my old laptop and tablet and couldn’t believe they hadn’t been chucked already so I charged those up and got them all wiped and reset to be able to take a trip to the tip. All in all, it was a very productive Saturday. I mean, I was originally going to spend it watching Netflix and writing blog posts but what can you do? I’m sure I’ll have time to write posts another day.

What I’ve Been Reading

I have had a brilliant reading week, I’m not gonna lie. I haven’t read so many good books in a row in a little while and I think I deserved it after reading a few meh reads. Intercepted was a book I’ve had on my to buy list for too long and I kept hoping the Kindle price would go down but finally I thought just buy it. I am so glad I did and I cannot wait to read more from Alexa Martin. She is an awesome new romance author and if her next book is anywhere near as good as this one she is definitely going on my must-buy list. The Flatshare I actually expected not like. I had an arc for so long and hadn’t gotten to reading and was trying to clear up my ARC shelves and thought I’d give it a go. I ended up finishing it in a single day and when I’d been working all day! It’s practically unheard of. I then wrapped it up reading The Austen Playbook, which I was always going to adore, but I think it might be my favourite Lucy Parker book or certainly equal favourite. I didn’t expect to adore it as much as I did and I love being surprised (but not surprised).

What have you been up to? And why is it that as the weather warms up I start wanting to get tidying?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.