What Cats Do Book Tag

29 August 2019



The Rules:

    I was tagged by Tania at My Lovely Secret (who tagged me in a bunch of stuff lately so brace yourself for more tags… possibly). I couldn’t resist when I saw it involved cats since I’ve such a soft spot for them. This is especially appropriate seeing as I began my week with a friend telling me an awful story about how he’d discovered a kitten in his garden that must have been thrown over his back fence! He rescued the poor thing and the kitten is quite young, but I now get to hear tales of his new kitten (he named it Socks). This post is dedicated to little Socks, who had a tough start in life but was lucky enough to land in the best person’s garden and so is getting the best possible care. Also, my own cat, Widget, who I only ever refer to as cat and meow meow. He is a tiny delicate flower (pictured below) and he is the worst, but I love him stinky breath and all.

    "PURR" AS CATS DO THIS WHEN THEY’RE HAPPY OR RELAXED: What is the book that makes you happiest or relaxed?


    Either a good romance, like Lucy Parker’s books, Jennifer Crusie maybe? Or really just a nice contemporary read. I mean, most books make me happy, but I think contemporary romance makes me truly relaxed.

    SLEEP: What is a book that put you to sleep or was just boring?


    I have yet to finish Jane Eyre! I will never finish Jane Eyre! I hate Jane Eyre!

    And Lord of the Rings was a struggle too, I did try to read it when I was like ten though so that probably didn’t help. I was probably a little too young to read it and I definitely wasn’t in the right mind space. I was way more committed to reading a long series as a kid than I ever am now.



    TWITCH WHILE DREAMING: Have you ever dreamt of a book you read?

    26802679
    Did I ever tell you that time I was reading Hex and I had a dream about the witch in it? She chilled out in people’s houses and had her mouth sewed shut. it was genuinely a freaky dream, but a really good horror book I recommend you check out for Halloween (is August too early for Halloween recommendations?),

    SEEMS TO PLAY NICE…UNTIL THE CLAWS ARE OUT: Which book had the biggest plot twist(s)?


    Plot twist? Hmmm… this is a thinking one because I never remember big parts of books and I have terrible book amnesia.

    I literally cannot think of a good plot twist. How bad is that? There must be a good one, why can’t I do it? So this is a let down of an answer for you guys. I am obviously not reading books with enough twists and turns in them.


    CUDDLES: Which book character would you give a hug to?


    Erm? So many of them… except not because I’m not much of a hugger so it would be a big deal for me to hug someone, usually reserved for family and best friends… or someone who is crying because crying folks just make me want to cry too.  I mean, recently? I wanted to give Calla a book old hug in The Simple Wild because that girl went through a whole heap in that book and she needed a hug from the very start. Although everyone in that book deserved a big old hug really.


    CATNIP: What's a book that made you have warm and fuzzy feels?


    Literally every good romance. Honest to God, all good romances will give you that warm fuzzy feeling by the end. If they don’t then they’re angsty romance and that only floats my boat occasionally… but actually they kind of give you added warm and fuzzies because they went through so much and they deserve that happy ever after (and don’t even start me on romance without a HEA or HFN because that doesn’t even deserve the romance label).


    CAT BREEDS: What are your favourite books?


    Sorry, this question is not allowed unless I’m allowed to pick like 100 books. I cannot pick a favourite anything. Honestly, I struggle to even pick a favourite colour half of the time. If you want to see some of my favourites check out my favourites shelf, there are plenty of books there and that’s not even a complete list because I’m too lazy to go update it right now.


    GETTING THE CAT: How did you find your favourite book(s).


    By reading them, duh!

    Oh, really, you want to know? Well, honestly, there’s no interesting story for most of my faves. I think I’ve told the story of how I got into Harry Potter a million times. I discovered Jennifer Crusie’s books after stealing a couple of my mom’s library books, or maybe she told me to read them? I can’t remember. And then anything post blogging? I probably discovered them on one of your blogs.


    BEING IN PLACES THEY SHOULDN’T: Least favourite clichés.


    Love triangle every time. I hate a love triangles in basically every circumstance really. They are just so unnecessary and rarely written well. I would honestly prefer you not tell me about them if you want me to read a book as I will avoid it at all costs. You need to make a strong argument to convince me otherwise.


    FINAL QUESTION - THE GOOD OLD CARDBOARD BOX: Most underrated book series.


    Damn, this is another tough one. Well, I’m definitely saying Ainslie Paton’s books in any series because I feel like her books never get anywhere near enough love. Especially her Confidence Games books because the third one has just come out so what better time to mention it? Also, I feel like not enough people know about Paula Weston’s Rephaim series so I’m gonna mention that since I spotted when looking at my shelves for inspiration for some of these other questions.

    And I tag all of you to do this (if you so wish). What are some of your favourite books, and please tell me a good plot twist since I could think of nothing!
    Post Signature
    © A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.