Top New Series I Want To Start

20 October 2014

The Broke and The Bookish are asking what new series we’re all planning on starting. I’m going to be honest, I’m not a huge fan of series I can here you all calling me a lying liar who lies at that one, but I’m not a fan of series, even though I’m continually reading them, and I’ll tell you why, normally the book releases are so spaced out I’m forced to reread at each book release, taking up time, and also because if all the books are out I end up getting bored part way through the series as I get character fatigue from reading about the same characters.

Now, I do actually enjoy a good series, but I tend to be someone that goes into them at the end of the book releases, because the wait kills me between books, or I end up stumbling upon the most amazing book, and that hate myself when I find out it’s a part of a series. This happened with Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I was not happy to realise I’d begun reading a book which was a part of a trilogy. But, enough about my issues with series, I was most using it as an explanation for why I’ve struggled a bit with naming new series I want to read, but at the same time it has shown me a few books which I hadn’t heard of which sound interesting so we shall see.

Chaos Walking – Patrick Ness
ttt chaoes walking
I have a confession to make, I have never read a Patrick Ness novel. I have heard such good things and have bought some of his books with the intention of reading them… but I’ve never actually read one. I’ve not even cracked the cover of one. Is that bad? I do really want to read the Chaos Walking series though.

Shatter Me – Tahereh Mafi
TTT shatter me
Again, never read anything by her despite seeing so many good things about her books on various blogs. This is another series I’ve been intending to read for quite a while, I will eventually get around to remedying this. The things is though, I didn’t even know what this series was about until I went and looked up the books on goodreads whilst writing this post. I have had these books on my TBR list for a while, but I think I must have bought them without ever looking at the blurb… oops?

Paper Gods – Amanda Sun
ttt paper gods
On this one I am guilty of mostly wanting to read this series purely for the book covers. They are just such pretty books covers, I have a thing for ink and watercolour images so the artwork appeals. It isn’t the only reason, thankfully, the fact the book has Japan as a setting and that the books are something different is also a major plus point. The series is one I continually see and then look past, I’ll have to change that.

Midnight Thief – Livia Blackburne
17566814
I admit, I forgot this book was even on my TBR list, but after browsing goodreads for book series I want to read I stumbled across it and suddenly remembered that this is in fact a book I was dying to read when I first read the blurb. The book appeals to me with the whole assassin thing, the whole fantasy thing, just it appeals okay.

The Mapmakers Trilogy – SE Grove
ttt mapmakers
I bought this book after seeing the beautiful pictures of the cover posted by Kelly at Oh The Books. I then added it to me TBR pile and… I didn’t forger about it… I just found other books I wanted to read more. This is often a place that many a book goes in my life. I know I will eventually get around to reading it, but it is debatable how long that may be. This has just reminded me how much I want to read it. And read it I will.

The Queen Of The Tearling – Erika Johansen
18712886
This is another book bought simply based on the positive things said in the blogosphere. I’ve barely looked at the bio, but I want to read it. I know Emma Watson has been cast in the film adaptation, I love that girl, what more do I need to know about the book than that? Okay, so having an idea of what it’s about would help, but I’ll learn that when I pick it up to read…right?

Gates of Thread and Stone – Lori M Lee
17904985
This book sounds good, I’m not sure how much, but the plot intrigues me enough that I definitely hope to pick it up when I get a chance.

The Malediction Trilogy – Danielle L Jensen
17926775
This is a book I almost forgot adding to my TBR shelf, it wuld be one of many. Luckily for me this weeks theme led me to search out series wherever I could find them. As you can tell from my list, so far, I am a fan of fantasy. It tends to be the main genre that draws me into to reading a series. I know there are plenty of none fantasy series, but it’s my weakness, even if I don’t always remember to finish (or start) to read a series.

A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J Maas
Am I allowed to include this in my list? Well, I’m doing it anyway. After reading Throne of Glass I was eager to read anything and everything which Sarah J Maas had written, ever, so I went immediately to her website where I saw a link to another book series she was writing. I was, obviously, excited thinking she had another series she had published already, sadly, that was not the case. I was eager to read a series which was not even written and published, it was upsetting to say the list. It is most definitely one of my most eagerly awaited new series, but sadly it is not being released into mid way through next year. I will wait, I have little choice really.

Brilliance Saga – Marcus Sakey
ttt brillians
I bought the first book like a year ago after reading about it on buzzfeed and I don't know why I haven't started it yet. It’s just sat on my kindle waiting to be read, then when I saw the second book was out and on offer in the kindle store, I bought that as well. Essentially, I need to start this series because I keep buying the books and not reading them.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.