Sunday Summary // 13/02/2022

13 February 2022

 Sunday Summary 13th February 2022

I honestly intended to post this week. I’d been drafting my monthly wrap up post for days and I just didn’t get to actually finishing it until Friday night and by that point I figured it could wait until next week. i know we’ll be like halfway through February at that point but oh well.

 

My week has been taken up by unpacking and cleaning. Two things which are very much not fun and I wish I could avoid doing them because they’re boring! Sadly, if I don’t do them then no one will. The cleaning side would be fine if it was just cleaning the bathroom or a quick whiz round with the vacuum but it’s way more than that. I mean, I do need to vacuum but it’s to get up all the dog hair I swear is ingrained from the previous owner’s dog. I know a blind man lived here before I moved in, it was empty for a while in between but there wasn’t a true clean done in that in-between time. Frustratingly, that means I have the hair from his gorgeous guide dog stuck in my carpet. How do I know about the blind man and his dog I hear you ask? Well, I actually used to see this guy and his dog all the time on the bus back in the days when folks commuted. I’d seen him coming and going before when I’d be walking Milo or popping to my mom’s so I knew he lived here but he actually stopped by last week after I’d moved in to give me a final key which he had and just to tell me a couple of things about the house. Just frustrating I’m cleaning up after a dog I don’t even own. The hair has actually blocked my vacuum twice already, so yeah. It’s been a week of deep cleaning. I even have a carpet cleaner stolen from my mom to truly give this carpet a deep clean. I couldn’t decide if the colour of the dirty water in the tank came from the carpet or the carpet cleaner itself was just a bit dirty as it hadn’t been used in a while. Either way, the colour of that water was not natural but it was strangely satisfying seeing it brighten up the carpet.

 

Other than the deep clean and unpacking I’m doing I can’t say I’ve done much other than work again. I’m set up in the conservatory in my office, I think I mentioned that before. It did get me wondering if a conservatory is a UK thing, though. Do you guys have conservatories in other countries too? I know some fancy people here call it an orangery I’m doing just like who do you think you are in your little semi detached, it’s a conservatory unless you live in some kind of country manor. I have had to buy some cheap blinds from Ikea to go in there, though. All the windows have blinds, which was a massive relief because custom blinds are pricey, but the French doors didn’t have any cover so of course that’s where the sun shines through every morning on to my screen as I try and work. I’ve cut some blinds to size and I don’t think they look too bad if I do say so myself. I’ve got some more to try in the living room as a temporary fix until I decorate because the curtains in there are… interesting.

 

I did have to drag myself into the office Friday for a team meeting, which was nice. Lot’s of big changes keep happening at work so they like to have us meet up every so often for updates. I am thinking once a week in the office might be good for me but the thought of the actual commute puts me off every time. It wasn’t too and getting in Friday. Trains were all on time and I got to eat doughnuts and have a free lunch. It was nice to see actual people. And that trip to Birmingham might be good just so I can pop to the shops when I need to if nothing else. I’ll see.

 

What I’ve Been Reading

The One For You -  Roni LorenThe Wedding Bait - Adele BuckThe Love Hypothesis - Ali HazelwoodMethod Acting - Adele BuckThe Sandman - Neil Gaiman, Dirk Maggs

 I’m happy to report I have been reading again this week. I’d worried I’d descended into a slump when I didn’t finish a book for 5 days at the start of the month but a couple of audio books and some shorter reads and I think I’m ok. I think I’ve fully realised my love for a full cast production audiobooks. I love normal audiobooks with just a really good narrator but The Sandman production is so spot on and it’s definitely the first time I’ve seen a graphic novel adapted to an audiobook. I definitely recommend, although it’s an Audible exclusive so I know that’s asking folks to invest in amazon. I finally read The Love Hypothesis this week as well. I know you were all raving about it last year but I was in my 1000th reading slump of the pandemic and had gone right off contemporary romance. I adored it as much as I expected to once I’d learned it was a fake relationship book. I now need to read everything Ali Hazelwood has ever written because damn. There must be something in the air this February as I’ve managed to read multiple contemporaries and enjoy them. I am getting the urge to go back to some fantasy but I’m glad I’ve not totally fallen out of love with the genre.

 

New To Me

The Sandman Act II - Neil Gaiman, Dirk MaggsLove at First - Kate Clayborn

My spending went up this week and I’m ashamed. I was doing so well! The temptation for books was too strong and I was helpless to stop myself. I did read the samples before investing so I know they’ll be good reads, that’s something, right?

 

How has your week been? Anyone else have experience of carpet cleaning? It was absolutely exhausting but the carpet looks much nicer.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.