Sunday Summary // 25.09.2016

25 September 2016

Sunday Summary
Who has been a lazy book blogger this week? Yes, that would be me. I mean I only got one post up! How did that happen? I think I fell into some kind of life slump after I finished book six in the Kate Daniels series and I lost some motivation (that and I totally thought I’d scheduled my posts and I hadn’t). I am slowly working my way out of this mini slump and hopefully you will see a bit more from me for the next couple of weeks but we shall see.

What have I been up to this week? Very little, I meant to see a friend who was home for a few days and somehow we managed to completely miss each other. I did manage to successfully see another friend and go to the cinema, I saw Don’t Breathe and if you are fan of a tense horror that is all about people and involves no supernatural elements this is probably the film for you. Otherwise, I’ve just spent too much time despairing at the changes in Bake Off in it’s move to channel 4 (seriously, this is all we Brits have been able to talk about for at least a week) and have probably spent too much time being excited about the return of Grand Designs and a new series of Location Location Location (yes, I like house programmes).

Something surprising happened at work as well this week. You will be shocked to here I am once more Employee of the Month, considering I spend an inordinate amount of time venting my work frustrations in these weekly posts you may be shocked to hear that. I know I am. I have done absolutely nothing different this month to any other month and it’s not like I keep quiet when I’m complaining about things. Maybe that’s a good thing? Maybe it’s just because I keep showing up everyday? Maybe I don’t are because it means I can treat myself to more books with my gift voucher.

What I’ve Been Reading

85590471154442126855073290983152591219124504048
It looks like a lot, doesn’t it? But two of these books I didn’t love and after reaching the halfway point skimmed to the end. I know that sounds terrible, but I just couldn’t get into them. I was in a bit of a slump after Kate Daniels and this is why I took a break and didn’t buy the next couple of books in the series to avoid this. Luckily, I finally found a book which completely suited my mood. The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend was the perfect read for me and I loved every page. It has spent the past few days being battered in my bag to and from work as I devour it in batches. It is an utterly charming read that celebrates the joy of reading and the drama of small towns and the struggles of small towns in the recession which hit. It was just perfect and I am a little bit in love with it. Then a reread of The Deal was required because I watched Pitch and suddenly was craving some sports romance. Can you believe I only gave this book a 3 star rating last year? What was I on? It's definitely a 4.5 star book. I must have been crazy.

New To Me

227253732973966717428644990930129236380122943421363083826059118
This is quite a tame bookish week this week. ell, in terms of book purchases anyway which were only Doctor January (blame Smart Bitches) and Out On Good Behaviour. The rest were free. I swapped a couple of unwanted books from my shelves to get a hold of The Darkest Minds and Girl In The Mirror. I won from Girl In Pieces in a contest by Annie Crosby and I am thrilled to have it. I then borrowed the last three books from the library, not great considering I returned one of my books unread and had to a renew another one from my last library trip. I will attempt to be better with this lot and I am still determined to read Pantomime from my list haul.

How have your weeks been? Has anyone pre-emptively tried to stop a reading slump and hit one anyway? And am I the only who finds when they’re struggling to find something to read they struggle to blog as well?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.