Sunday Summary // 15th May 2022

15 May 2022

 

After doing lots last week I feel like this week has been very quiet and boring. I haven't done anything really. I had plans to meet a friend Saturday but he cancelled on me last minute. It was a little annoying but I found something else to do instead. Now we're meeting next week but it'll only be a couple of hours because I'm dog sitting next weekend and don't really want to leave Milo home alone for hours.

 

My week was mostly work focused otherwise. I've had lots to do and there looks to be a meeting I might have to go to in a couple of weeks in person. We'll see what comes of it anyway but that really has been all I've done outside of watching TV and even then I've just had it on in the background while I scroll on social media. I probably need to get out more or find a new book to read. I'm in a weird rut I just don't know what I want to be doing. I think that's probably why I made my impulse purchase, but that comes into my Saturday adventures.

 

As my Saturday plans got cancelled, I ended up going shopping for a few bits that I needed to buy and while I was at it, I ended up buying Ring Fit Adventure. It was a bit of an impulse buy as I'd seen a TikTok which made it look really fun that morning and I'd seen it second hand for a decent price. It was in the original box, and I won't lie, it's been fun but it's a genuine workout. Nintendo has definitely progressed in its fitness games to make it feel like hard work. I probably won't be able to play in long stretches because I am far too unfit for that but I'm enjoying it so far. Hopefully, it's not one of those things I play for a couple of weeks and get bored with. The exercises are tough! I am someone who likes to have a game to keep me motivated with arbitrary trophies and goals. There's a reason I've got such a long streak on Duolingo although I wouldn't claim to have achieved any kind of language fluency. I've done 2 days so far and I'm doing it on the easiest setting and it makes me sweat! I didn't expect it but why not hop onto the workout everyone seemed to be doing in the pandemic? Also, the money I spent on this is far cheaper than joining a gym and I'm much more likely to use it. With that logic, I'm basically saving myself money.

 

I then watched Eurovision Saturday night. I always love Eurovision, it's the best for the total mix of music. I loved Moldova; they deserved their high audience vote numbers. It was tense with the voting as the UK hasn't done so well in forever! We didn't win but we came second, that's a far cry from our usual bottom of the table finish. I was glad to have beaten Spain because I thought their song was terrible, no shade if you liked it but it's 100% not my taste in music. I suppose I can see it had pop appeal at least. I'm pleased for Ukraine, though. It's good that it shows support is with them, I know they were the favourites going in. I just hope the UK can do even half as well next year, we might learn our lessons from this year's show and actually choose a good act and a catchy song and everyone reacts to that. 

 

What I've been reading

The Intimacy Expirement - Rosie Danan The Right Swipe - Alisha Rai The AI Who Loved Me - Alyssa Cole

I'm in a weird mood at the moment and don't really fancy reading much. I've finished a few books and have enjoyed them, but I just don't feel like I'm in the right mood for reading right now. The Intimacy Experiment and The Right Swipe were both really good, I enjoyed them and I loved the stories, but once I finished I've not been in the right mood for any book I've started. I also listened to The AI Who Loved Me finally and that was great too but again, no idea what I want to read next. I hope I'll figure it out soon but I think I might be in a gaming mood. I'll see how it goes.

 

New To Me

 

I've not figured out what I'm spending my gift card on yet so no new purchases, not even when I went shopping (but that was a close thing). I've got it narrowed down to 7 books. Why are decisions so hard?

 

How was your week? Has anyone else played Ring Fit Adventures? Hopefully, it doesn’t kill me off with exercise. And what do you do when you’re just not in a reading mood?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.