Sunday Summary // 08.01.2023

08 January 2023

 

I wasn’t sure I was doing a Sunday post this week, it's going to be more of a when I have time post as some weeks you just don't need to hear what I've been up to as it will be very boring but I thought why not have a catch up since I've been gone for so long? My last post was May 2022 so a lot has changed since then. Or not so much actually, but whatever.

 

It was a return to work for me this week, I was in over the holiday period but only a couple of days and we know how quiet those weeks are. I admit, I found it difficult to get back into the writing mindset, especially as I've changed position slightly recently and I think they're still trying to figure out what that role will look like. Add in that I've been assisting my old team for the past month and you can see why I've found it difficult to get back into the working mindset. Hopefully, next week will be better and I can go back into the office for a couple of days! With the numerous train strikes I've not been able to go in for around a month and I quite like getting out of the house. It doesn't help my neighbour is having some building work done now as they have an extension so it's a little less peaceful working from home. I don't mind, I knew the work was happening eventually just a little annoying so I'll make the most of being able to go into the office but I'm a little wary of what that means for the blog.

 

Apart from work I've done the usual post Christmas clean of the house, taken decorations down and just tried to get organised. I've sent some books and clothes to charity but I still need a better deep clean if things but it's actually been quite cathartic to get things organised. I'll see how long it lasts.

 

What I've Been Reading

 

 

I've read a lot of books this first week of the year, it helps so many were short novellas but even so it's more than I usually get through. I attribute it to the New Year and once I'm out to the office that will change as I'll be sleeping far earlier. I didn't expect to enjoy The Family series as much as I did but I think it was definitely a reading mood thing because by the time I was at The Don I was rolling my eyes and just felt like it was a bit repetitive. The Spanish Love Deception was a great fake relationship book and

 

New To Me

The Family series of books I did borrow from Kindle Unlimited but I've not purchased any books yet this year. Hopefully, I can keep my purchases down. I'm trying to employ with books the same logic I use with buying new clothes and waiting a few days before purchasing to be certain it's not an impulse buy.

 

How has your week been? Anyone else riding the wave of the New Year motivation? And what have you been reading this week, anything I should check out?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.