Sunday Summary // 22.01.2023

22 January 2023


I feel like I'm getting old because I immediately want to say how crazy it is that the end of January is fast approaching. I don't know where the month is going but I'm pleased that I've managed to make it through another week of blogging and I'm still enjoying it.

 

This week has felt a little chaotic. I started it with a clear plan of how things would go, from going into the office Tuesday to Thursday, to making sure I got some things sorted at home over the weekend and enjoyed myself as I have plans next weekend. Instead, I went into the office on just Tuesday, my original plan for sorting things around the house this weekend flew out the window as my coat zip broke, and I have been doing lots of things last minute instead.

 

The week began according to plan, I worked from home Monday, went into the office Tuesday, and met a friend for lunch as we both work in Birmingham now and it was nice seeing people and getting out to the office, even though the weather has taken a decidedly frosty turn with mornings being in the minus figures. Things began to veer of course when my mom text me Tuesday afternoon asking if I wanted a kitten. It was a very out of the blue message and it all began because my stepsister was trying to get a kitten for her sister and the friend she found who had some available had 2 left and didn't really want another cat if she could help it so was trying to find someone she knew to have one. I had been saying I needed to get myself a pet as living alone is great, but it does get a little quiet some nights. I've been trying a new thing this year where I say yes to more things with friends and family and push myself to be a little more social, which is why I'm going to a Harry Styles themed thing at an adult ball pit venue next week (honestly, it'll be interesting if nothing else). Anyway, I said yes, and so Wednesday evening I was off to get a small kitten from a friend of a friend. I was rushing around Tuesday night getting things sorted so I had food, litter, toys in for her. It helped that it snowed Wednesday morning so I didn't really push myself to go out to the office, even though the snow melted by the afternoon. I spent Wednesday night settling her in and Thursday worked from home with her to make sure she was ok.

 


 

I've named my little kitten Artemis, she is obviously my cat as she found her way onto the bookshelf and went to sleep on the books for a while. She did chew on a few of those books so she doesn't have the most respect for books but it's fine. One of the books she chose to chew on was Artemis and I took that as a hint from her she wanted a nice name. I'd been calling her Mini and Tiny Cat until that point and Tiny Cat does get used more than her name but I'm not the best at using names to be fair. It's better than my brother's suggestion of Dave anyway.

 

I ended up going shopping Saturday, leaving her alone for a few hours, and she was fine. I discovered Friday night that my coat zip had broken and it would no longer zip up, not ideal when the temperature keeps dipping below 0. I bought myself a new coat, treated myself to a couple of books and probably spent a little more than necessary considering it's not pay day until next week. It was worth it though to make sure Artemis has herself more toys to keep her busy and to be certain she can handle being home alone without any accidents and without causing chaos at home. 

 

 

What I've Been Reading

 


 It's been a pretty decent reading week. I've been letting my Romanceopoly rolls determine what I pick up next as I've not really known what I've been in the mood to read. I'm currently stuck on that though as I've landed on Fang Alley which requires a paranormal romance where one of the MCs is a vampire and I don't seem to have any vampire books on my shelves right now. Any suggestions for a good romance with vampires? It was nice to continue the Ice planet Barbarian books and I admit they're ridiculous but I always enjoy them. I also feel proud as I’ve started one of the books I bought already so at least I’m getting better at reading what I buy.

 

 

 

New To Me

 

 

I borrowed Barbarian Lover from kindle Unlimited both to get my money's worth from my subscriptuon, but also to help complete another Romanceopoly prompt. I finally gave in with some book purchases, one was a 99p deal and how could I not and I have actually read Radiance before so it doesn't actually increase my TBR but just means I will reread at some point and possibly even finish the series. The other two books snuck themselves into my bag when I went shopping yesterday, but in my defense I'd been wanting to buy Cemetry Boys for a while and a paperback for £5 is a bargain. How to Fake it in Hollywood was more of an impulse buy but it's a fake relationship romance, which we all know is my catnip so I couldn't resist.

 

 

How was your week? Have you read any good books I need to know about? And please give me all your vampire paranormal romance recs as I'm desparate.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.