Sunday Summary // 15.01.2023

15 January 2023

 

My first full working week and it's safe to say my blog/life balance was put to the test. I didn't blog hop quite as much as I managed the week before and I definitely didn't sit down and draft posts as much but I always knew I'd struggle figuring things out at first so unsurprising it's a quiet week of blogging but I can say my reading hasn't slowed too much at least. When I first returned to going to the office reading went right out of the window. To be fair, reading went out the window a lot last year as it was a year of slumps, but I'm glad this year hasn't started the same.

 

I ended up only doing 2 days in the office after intending to do 3. I woke up Tuesday and it was cold, dark, and raining. It just wasn't a combination which motivated me to leave the house and I figured builders probably won't show when it's raining. They did, but they couldn't do a lot of the louder work because of the rain which was good. I'm lucky I have the flexibility of going in when I want, I hadn't mentioned to anyone I was planning to be in so at least I didn't have to explain myself. I did Wednesday and Thursday fine and it was nice to see people. I didn't get a lot of work done last week on Wednesday in the office, I felt like it was all questions all day. Probably, because people hadn't seen me in person in a month and it's far easier to just pop on over and ask questions in the office isn't it? Thankfully, it was a one day only thing but it meant I stayed late working Wednesday so I was exhausted once I got home.

 

I'm trying to stick with having one day of no blog related things a week. I want to try and make it Sunday so it's a rest day but that's not really worked out this week. I am going to keep trying as last week I used my Sunday to finish Our Flag Means Death (I think it was last Sunday anyway… or maybe it was Saturday) and to play a little Pokemon and Sims. I liked having no pressure to do anything and to chill so I'm hoping to keep that up. Definitely recommend a weekly blog break.

 

What I've Been Reading

 
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie - Jennifer Ashley

 

I didn't read as many books this week as I might have done. I read a lot of Our Flag means Death fanfiction instead, but I still got a decent amount of reading in. I started with a reread of The Madness of Lord ian mackenzie and it was just as good second time around and then I continued to Lady Isabella's Scandalous marriage as it perfectly fir a Romanceopoly prompt and I am all about trying to continue series I have read. I did almost buy the next book in the series but I'm 2 weeks in with no new purchases and I just can't do it. I'll be returning to that at some point though if I can get my unread Kindle books down. The Ex Hex was quite a meh read for me, another Romaneceopoly book but I was close to DNFing as it just wasn't for me. I almost DNFed In The Middle of Somewhere as well as the tiem seemed to hop all over but once I was 50% of the way in I was wrapped up in the characters. It's definitely one which hits you in the feels sometimes. I might not continue the series (although I might as it is on KU) but it has been on my shelf for a while I'm glad to remove a book off.

 

New To Me

 

Like I said, no new purchases for me yet. I have borrowed A Taste of Gold and Iron from my library but that's about it. I also really need to go into my library and reregister my card as it's due to expire soon. Honestly, hate my library wants to see me in person. But currently I can only read it on my iPad which isn't ideal but that's what I get for being in the UK. One day mmaybe I can send to my Kindle. 


What have you been reading this week? Am I alone in sucessfully avoiding any new purchases so far this year?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.