The Books I Missed in 2022

20 January 2023



With pretty much a 7 month absence from blogging it's safe to say I missed a lot. I missed out what was going on in your lives and I missed out on all of the books you were raving about last year. Add in a major twitter absence and I am amazed I heard about any new releases in 2022 because how did I expect to discover them? I think my attitude to new releases last year was much like my attitude to dating. I refused to seek them out and expected that fate would intervene if I were destined to discover them. Honestly, that philosophy isn't really working so well in the dating world but I did still manage to discover a few new releases in 2022 so maybe it's a better bookish philosophy? It's not like I can do speed dating for books.

 

… or could I?

 

Honestly, I might see if I can make a post out of that because it sounds like fun doesn't it?

 

Each of these books fell on my radar one way or another, these were the destined few that fate made me eager to buy. Some appeared on Instagram or in my emails, some I caught in the early months of 2022 before I disappeared from the blogging world. Others are simply part of a series I enjoyed and I had to get the next instalment. 

 

 

The Dead Romantics - Ashley Poston Book of Night - Holly Black Never Been Kissed - Timothy Javnovsky Delilah Green Doesn't Care - Ashley Herring Blake  Ruby Fever - Ilona Andrews Something Fabulous - Alexis Hall Ship Wrecked - Olivia Dade A Restless Truth - Freya Marske

This first set of books are all ones I own. I did almost include Astrid Parker Doesn't Fail but since I was including the first book I thought it might not be necessary. I am excited about all of them which is why I bought a copy but I just haven't had the time to read them. Or been in the mood for them. or something.

 

Built to Last - Erin Hahn Lease on Love - Falon Ballard Witcha Gonna Do - Avery Flynn A Lady for a Duke - Alexis Hall

And these are the 2022 book I was excited about but haven't hit the purchase button on yet. I will buy them and I will read them but considering the amount of unread books I have currently I just don't think I can buy them. 


I'm pretty proud I've bought most of the books I was excited about last year. This shows I only really looked at books I definitely wanted to buy. No adding all of the books and buying them because I saw someone review them once. I'm hoping to keep that attitude this year but I am so easily swayed.


Which books did you not manage to read last year? And have you read any on my list that I really need to get to reading?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.