Monthly Wrap Up // February

06 February 2023

What a month! Sorry I was a bit quiet there at the end of January but life really got in the way. But it’s cool I’ll catch you up on things and we can talk books! I think occasional 2 weeks absences on the blog are totally fair and part of my 2023 philosophy of enjoying myself with blogging.

On Repeat

Let's start off with a song to keep you entertained whilst reading. I discovered the artist Lizzy McAlpine this month and Doomsday has been on repeat for a good long while. I just cannot get enough of it.

Life


What can I say about life? I think I mentioned my neighbour started having their extension built so I've had that noise to contend with when I work from home. But they also fixed my front light and have been so nice the whole time they've had the work done so I'm not too bothered. Or not too bothered until you hear some loud banging in the middle of a Teams call and have to hastily mute yourself. But in all honestly, it's fine, the worst of the noise has passed and it's nice being nosy watching the progress. I mostly miss having the blinds open in the conservatory and being able to get down the side of the house.

I also got myself a kitten this month! Little Artemis has settled in beautifully, she is now almost 10 weeks old and such a cool cat. She is so curious about everything, she gets a bit jittery when she's uncertain but she is so unbothered by new people and places and I respect her for that, we should all be more like Artemis. She's had her first lot of vaccinations and everyone at the vets loved her, she is definitely my baby. My mom even called her her first grandchild and I think she acknowledges that there will not be any human grandchildren from me and she can look forward to lots of pets instead. Her first intriduction to Milo though and she was less chill and rather growly, but I suppose it might come with time and Milo isn't round every day.

The only other interesting thing in my life in January was the bottomless brunch I went to with friends at a bar with a ball pit in it. I very much felt like Sheldon swimming about in it and it's safe to say kids are athletic playing in these things as it was hard work. It was a fun afternoon/evening out and I was definitely feeling a little tender the next day. Bottomless brunches are lethal every time.

Books

18 Read
6 unhauled
5 purchased
Favourites: How to Fake it In Hollywood, Taste
Least Favourite: The Ex Hex


I cannot believe the number of books I read in January! I know so many were shorter reads, there were a lot of novellas and short stories in my life last month, but even taking those out of consideration I hit double figures and that is an achievement. It was a strong reading month with Romanceopoly helping to guide my reading

Challenges


Romanceopoly



I finished 10 prompts in the month of January so I would say I am totally smashing it so far. I did actually land on Coffee Shop today and now need to read a book recommendation so if anyone wants to offer me a rec that would be great. I have a potential one from my mom for a book which has been on my shelf for a while so all else fails I will check that out. But look at the board so far! I think this is really helping me read a little wider trying to fit a challenge and I am trying to reduce my spending so I think I'm doing ok. I might have to start doing more bookish bingo prompts in future, but they have to be romance specific to match my main genre of reading.

Monthly Key Word

I read my first book for January and it was a physical book. Funnily enough, the next prompt I've also picked upa  physical book, guess who is possibly going to try and do physical books only for this challenge.


I think that covers my month, I can't remember if there's anything I'm missing. It's been so long since I've done one of these posts! How was your January? What were your favourite reads or favourite moments of the month?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.