Sunday Summary // 19.02.2023

19 February 2023

 

What a week! This month is really being so full on when it comes to work I’m exhausted. I'd quite appreciate a quiet couple of weeks now but I don't think that will happen until I get through this coming week.

I'll start this post my saying I'll be taking a week off and I'll be back at the start of March. This is partially because I'm exhausted, but also it's my birthday next weekend so I want to relax and enjoy that so I'm treating myself to some time off from the blog to come back fresh the start of March. I know I won't have the time to focus on blogging as much as I want so I'm being honest and taking a step back instead.

As far as work goes let's just say never join a group that's meant to work on culture without checking first what exactly it will entail. I wasted so many hours in meetings this week for it that I am amazed that I got any work done. Between that and meetings to do with a project I'm on I seriously have had no time to just relax. I miss the days when people forgot about me at work and I could keep my head down and do my own things. I even used to be able to work and listen to audiobooks. Those were the days. Add in the fact the culture group has had a serious amount of drama around it it’s safe to say I’m exhausted when it comes to work. I won’t get into it because I don’t want to be a gossip, even though you don’t know anyone I’m talking about I’ll still feel bad, but work needs to slow it down with the drama. I do think I’ve made another work friend though so let’s look at the positives.

My life just revolves around work now so the only other things I’ve been doing are reading, hanging with Artemis, and playing PlayStation. I seriously need to get a life again. My friends are all coupled up so I’m having to book them weeks in advance to have a chance to meet them. Unfortunately, that’s meant a quiet February for me but it’s fine I’m meeting a friend for tea tomorrow (potentially today with how late I’m writing this post).

What I’ve Been Reading

Honestly, I regret picking up the Crescent City series by Sarah J Maas as it’s not hooking me in. I picked up the first book as I rolled the prompt of reading the longest book on my shelf and that’s it but it’s too long and just plain bad. Why do I keep reading Sarah J Maas when she doesn’t let her books be edited down? It’s just tedious and definitely could have been edited better. All these 5 star ratings say im the odd one out but im 51% of the way in and im hating it. I don’t want to DNF but I might have to come back to it.

New To Me


No new books because I've been dragging myself through trying to finish the stupid book I didn’t think I deserved any new reads. Honestly, need to find a new book to read as my current read it bringing me down.

How was your week? Any good books I should check out since I'm not enjoying mine? Tell me all so I can catch up when I'm back in a week.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.