Sunday Summary // 12.02.2023

12 February 2023


What a week! Again, the blog fell to the wayside as I got stuck working and just feeling utterly exhausted when the end of the day hit.

Work has been manic this week and I don’t even know why. It just felt never ending. It got to Friday and I was exhausted and my assistant manager called me right at the end of the day and she even said I just sounded fed up and I kind of was. I don't know what it was about this week but it has taken it out of me. It probably didn't help I was in the office Monday and Tuesday, who goes into the office on a Monday? I mean, I had to for trainignbbut still it was a bit much. But it was the first time I’d seen my manager in several months so that made a nice change for me as he’s usually based in London. I don’t think it helps I’m part of a culture working group and that stuff is just demotivating with all the complaints sometimes.


Add into that Artemis, precious angel flower that she is, is also a menace. I swear she must be nocturnal as she’ll play during the day but as soon as it’s bed time she is ready to jump, climb, attack feet. Do everything but sleep. And she’s still wriggling under the duvet as I sleep, although I am encouraging her to climb under the throw I have on the bed instead and it’s working some of the time. She has also taken to trying to scale the spindles of the bannister. My stairs open onto the living room and so she usually walks over the back of the sofa through the bannister and onto the stairs. Problem is she now realises she can get through higher up as well so she’s been giving me a heart attack hanging through the bannister higher up and just attacking the bannister. She’s a menace, a very cute one.

Apart from that I’ve just been watching TV, trying to read, and sleeping. And playing Final Fantasy on PlayStation as I am so close finishing the remake. I keep saying that and find there’s another plot point to cover. I just need them to announce the date for the next part of the remake. I might even replay the original but that is a big time commitment.

What I’ve Been Reading

The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy - Megan Bannen Girl Gone Viral - Alisha Rai

I really have been slow reading this week. I started The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy after Sam recommended it to me and I am so glad she did! I was slow starting, but I was in the office and of course every time I was in the office there were train problems which meant we were packed in like sardines with no space for me to sit and read. But I managed to stay awake long enough to read a few nights and finally finished Saturday morning. I then flew through Girl Gone Viral Saturday evening and finished a book in an evening.


New To Me

The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy - Megan Bannen For Her Consideration - Amy Spalding

I didn’t own Hart and Mercy when it was recommended to me so I had to purchase that. I also treated myself to For Your Consideration as it was 99p and it really did sound like an interesting story. I've had Amy Spalding's YA books on my maybe buy list for a long while but as I've drifted from the YA reading world I've never bought them. I hope I enjoy her first adult romance instead.

 

How has your week been? Anyone else finding the working week to be longer than it was last year?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.