Sunday Summary // 05.02.2023

05 February 2023

It's been a minute. Sorry about that, life has got a little busy so the blog fell to the backburner for a little while. I don't even really have posts drafted for you right now but I'm working on it. It doesn't help little Artemis takes up a lot of my free time. After I finish work I'm trying to entertain her as she's left a little to her own devices otherwise. She is very popular on all of my Teams calls, though. But we move, I'll figure it out.

Artemis went for her first visit to the vets this week to begin her vaccinations and she is such a curious cat. There was no real hesitation on her part, she just wanted to explore and was calm in her cat carrier which was good. All the staff at the vets loved her and she'll be back in 3 weeks for the next course of vaccinations and to see if she's big enough to microchip yet. She's getting a little clawier and seems to want to chew on everything, but turns out kittens teeth so I imagine that's part of the problem if she's beginning to get adult teeth in. She is such a babe though I don't mind. She's been left alone for one day in the office this week and she seems to handle it well, which is a relief, just full of beans when I get home and tried to get me to stay up late playing. She seems to have developed a fascination with getting under the bed covers which is less than ideal for me, I found her down by my feet when I woke up last night and that was rather confusing for me half awake at 3am.

I treated myself to a PS5 last week. I had been planning on waiting as there aren't really any exclusive games to the console I absolutely need to play but I know the next Final  Fantasy game is due in June so I wanted one by then. Once I found out I could play PS4 games and transfer my data it was a no brainer, though. I got an end of year bonus with work and I thought I should put it towards something impractical as well as something practical, so I'm looking at blinds for the living room and need to get the garden sorted once I can actually access it through the side gate again, but then I have my nice impractical PS5 that I didn't need but wanted anyway. I suppose I'm trying not to buy all of the books under the sun so I need to put that money elsewhere and not just on bills.

Last week was just pure chaos, as was this week to be fair. Work has been so busy and I hardly had a moment to myself. I was covering for my replacement as he rudely took annual leave and I honestly forgot how much work my old role was, it meant I couldn't really do any of my usual work, not the standard I usually would anyway. Add in that I picked up a major error they had made at the beginning of this week and it's safe to say I'm exhausted work wise. I cannot wait for some time off at the end of the month, I think I need to book more time in as well whilst I can and just spend a few days relaxing.

Outside of work I've also been busy, I went to a bottomless brunch with friends and what was meant to be an evening out which turned into a night out last Saturday. I then lost most of Sunday to feeling fairly delicate. But I can now say I've been to an adult ball pit and it was fabulous. I hate the photo pf myself (but I hate every photo of myself) but I think you can tell by my face I'm enjoying myself. Highly recommend if you're ever in Birmingham, which I know makes it quite a niche suggestion but I imagine they have similar bars in a few places. Bars in the UK seem to be leaning towards experiences as well as good drinks and I am not complaining.

What I've Been Reading

Because of my  hectic couple of weeks it's safe to say reading has not been a priority, I have read a bit though. I sort of felt slumpy last week, I don't think it helped I was forcing myself to read books to fit into the squares I'd landed on in Romanceopoly. I actually wish I hadn't forced myself to read The Charm Offensive as I ended up not liking it as much as I hoped, it was good but I wasn't in the mood for the story at all. Only When It's Us was a total winner though and I couldn't put it down. Book of Night was also better than I expected, I'd seen mixed reviews and I admit I was disappointed at the romance side of things, but the story was so interesting that I didn't mind a slightly quieter romance, I imagine the next book will focus more on that saide as that was a brutal cliffhanger. I'm currently stuck on the prompt read a book recommended to you so if you guys have any recommendations feel free to throw them my way.


New To Me

I borrowed Taste and Lick from Kindle Unlimited when I was hunting for a book to vit the vampire paranormal prompt. It's safe to say I am not a massive vampire reader, I almost used a reread to fill that prompt but I want my reading challenges to be exclusively books I've not read before. Lies & Lullabies was then a freebie on Amazon which I dithered over getting but couldn't help myself. And finally I borrowed Daisy Jones and the Six from the library when I went in to sort registering my card again. 

 

Again, I ask for any and all book recs to help me on my next Romanceopoly square. And please tell me how your week has been while I catch up on more blog posts.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.