Looking Forward // October

03 October 2016

Looking Forward_zps3hettxt8.png
Looking Forward is a regular feature on the blog where I let you know which books I’m looking forward to in the month. They are all books I’m looking forward to being released and want to know if you’re excited about them too.

There are a whole heap of books I am excited about this month so I am restraining myself with which I include on this list. These are the ones I am struggling to talk myself out of buying them immediately.
Together, Pepper and Lovey will discover that no matter how vast space is, two people can fill it together.
29238041
 Genre: Fantasy
Release Date: 4th October 2016
30329462
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Release Date: 4th October 2016
Prepare to be spellbound by Jim Kay's dazzling full-colour illustrations in this stunning new edition of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Breathtaking scenes, dark themes and unforgettable characters – including Dobby and Gilderoy Lockhart – await inside this fully illustrated edition. With paint, pencil and pixels, award-winning illustrator Jim Kay conjures the wizarding world as we have never seen it before. Fizzing with magic and brimming with humour, this inspired reimagining will captivate fans and new readers alike, as Harry and his friends, now in their second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, seek out a legendary chamber and the deadly secret that lies at its heart …
Lirael is no longer a shy Second Assistant Librarian. She is the Abhorsen-in-Waiting, with Dead creatures to battle and Free Magic entities to bind. She’s also a Remembrancer, wielder of the Dark Mirror. Lirael lost one of her hands in the binding of Orannis, but now she has a new hand, one of gilded steel and Charter Magic.

When Lirael finds Nicholas Sayre lying unconscious after being attacked by a hideous Free Magic creature, she uses her powers to save him. But Nicholas is deeply tainted with Free Magic. Fearing it will escape the Charter mark that seals it within his flesh and bones, Lirael seeks help for Nick at her childhood home, the Clayr’s Glacier.

But even as Lirael and Nick return to the Clayr, a young woman named Ferin from the distant North braves the elements and many enemies in a desperate attempt to deliver a message to Lirael from her long-dead mother, Arielle. Ferin brings a dire warning about the Witch with No Face. But who is the Witch, and what is she planning?

Once more a great danger threatens the Old Kingdom, and it must be forestalled not only in the living world, but also in the cold, remorseless river of Death.

Goldenhand is the long-awaited fifth installment of Garth Nix’s New York Times bestselling Old Kingdom series.

Why Am I Excited?

Well, surely this one is obvious? I am so thrilled that they seem to be doing the entire series with illustrations as they are just so beautiful. Jim Kay is an amazing artist. I was in awe of the first book so I cannot wait to see what he does with this one. This is a book I actually have pre-ordered, that is how much I want tog et my hands on a copy.

Why Am I Excited?

I loved the Abhorsen series so far and I was thrilled when I learnt another book was due to be released. I mean, who isn’t excited about it?

I would say I’ve pre-ordered this book but I am waiting for this to be released in paperback because I am a big fan of matching covers and so I will be waiting about a year for this one knowing my luck. But I am excited for it’s release all the same.
31116030
Genre: Young Adult, Historical
Release Date: 6th October 2016
29847082
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: 6th October 2016
The action-packed, thrilling sequel to Ryan Graudin's Wolf by Wolf.


There would be blood.
Blood for blood.
Blood to pay.
An entire world of it.


For the resistance in 1950s Germany, the war may be over, but the fight has just begun.

Death camp survivor Yael, who has the power to skinshift, is on the run: the world has just seen her shoot and kill Hitler. But the truth of what happened is far more complicated, and its consequences are deadly. Yael and her unlikely comrades dive into enemy territory to try to turn the tide against the New Order, and there is no alternative but to see their mission through to the end, whatever the cost.

But dark secrets reveal dark truths, and one question hangs over them all: how far can you go for the ones you love?

This gripping, thought-provoking sequel to Wolf by Wolf will grab readers by the throat with its cinematic writing, fast-paced action, and relentless twists.
From the author of the New York Times bestseller All the Bright Places comes a heart-wrenching story about what it means to see someone - and love someone - for who they truly are.


Everyone thinks they know Libby Strout, the girl once dubbed 'America's Fattest Teen'. But no one's taken the time to look past her weight to get to see who she really is. Since her mum's death, she's been picking up the pieces in the privacy of her home, dealing with her heartbroken father and her own grief. Now, Libby's ready: for high school, for new friends, for love, and for EVERY POSSIBILITY LIFE HAS TO OFFER. I know the part I want to play here at MVB High. I want to be the girl who can do anything.


Everyone thinks they know Jack Masselin too. Yes, he's got swagger, but he's also mastered the art of fitting in. What no one knows is that Jack has a secret: he can't recognize faces. Even his own brothers are strangers to him. He's the guy who can re-engineer and rebuild anything, but he can't understand what's going on with the inner workings of his own brain. So he tells himself to play it cool: Be charming. Be hilarious. Don't get too close to anyone.

Until he meets Libby. When the two get tangled up in a cruel high school game which lands them in group counseling, Libby and Jack are both angry, and then surprised. Because the more time they spend together, the less alone they feel. Because sometimes when you meet someone, it changes the world - theirs and yours.

Why Am I Excited?

Wolf by Wolf was a surprise release for me last year. I hadn’t even got it on my radar and then it was delivered in my first Illumicrate box and I am so glad it was. The way the last book ended was a bit of a cliffhanger and so I have been easerly awaiting the release of this one.

This is a book I have also pre-ordered because I am that eager to get my hands on a copy.

Why Am I Excited?

Niven’s first book left me a weeping mess. It was a gripping read which made me instantly grow attached to the characters and then ripped my heart out and stomped all over it. I am not expecting the same experience with this one. But I am expecting an interesting read with an original take on things. I am expecting a book which makes me fall in love with characters who may not always be likable.
8
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical
Release Date: 11th October 2016
29475447
Genre: Sci-Fi
It’s Boston, 1919, and the Cast Iron club is packed. On stage, hemopaths—whose "afflicted" blood gives them the ability to create illusions through art—captivate their audience. Corinne and Ada have been best friends ever since infamous gangster Johnny Dervish recruited them into his circle. By night they perform for Johnny’s crowds, and by day they con Boston’s elite. When a job goes wrong and Ada is imprisoned, they realize how precarious their position is. After she escapes, two of the Cast Iron’s hires are shot, and Johnny disappears. With the law closing in, Corinne and Ada are forced to hunt for answers, even as betrayal faces them at every turn.

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet introduced readers to the incredible world of Rosemary Harper, a young woman with a restless soul and secrets to keep. When she joined the crew of the Wayfarer, an intergalactic ship, she got more than she bargained for - and learned to live with, and love, her rag-tag collection of crewmates.

A Closed and Common Orbit is the stand-alone sequel to Becky Chambers' beloved debut novel The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet and is perfect for fans of Firefly, Joss Whedon, Mass Effect and Star Wars.

Why Am I Excited?

Yes, I have already read this one so does it really count on this list? Yes, obviously because I am still excited for this book to be released so you can all read it too. I will never not want to feature this on a post so I am featuring it here. I am excited for it to be released so I can get my hands on an actual copy of it to force upon all my friends.

Why Am I Excited?

I adored the first book from Becky Chambers. I never reviewed it on the blog because there weren’t words to describe it and I’d seen plenty of other bloggers say it better than I could. I was so happy when I learnt that there was another book to be released set in the same world. There are so many stories to tell in this world and I love it.

I am dithering over pre-ordering this one. I want to not because I want the paperback not the hardcover, but then they are doing some prints for pre-ordering and I kind of want them. It’s hard to decide what I want more.


Which books have I missed from this list? Are there any which you want to read or have read already? Which should I be eager to buy first?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.