Sunday Summary // 02.10.2016

02 October 2016

Sunday Summary
I have barely looked at the internet this week and it’s been refreshing. I have been so busy doing other things that if I haven’t looked at it on my phone I haven’t looked at it. It’s nice to have a bit of a technology break from time to time, though. I recommend it to everyone.

So what has been keeping me so busy? I’ve been too busy reading, seeing friends, trying to figure out how house buying and mortgages work and spending time with my mom. I’ve just been busy doing other things instead of blogging. One thing I have done is watch The Girl With All The Gifts at the cinema and I did it before reading the book and it’s left me not wanting to read the book. I’ll leave it on my shelf for a while but that, unfortunately, may be another book I but up for trade unread. It was the ending that made me now want to read, but I’ll let you watch/read and make your own decision on that one.

My stepdad is away this weekend so it’s just me and my mom so we’ve been spending quality time together. I mean, our quality time mostly consists of finally getting to watch we want on TV instead of sport and getting to turn the TV off on an evening and just read in the same room together. It’s been nice so far, and we get to eat fewer takeaways and more home cooked meals as we don’t have the bad influence home. It’s part of why I’ve been a bit absent at the end of this week and at the beginning I was just doing other things.

What I’ve Been Reading

291030283202822086612294342
I’ve done quite a bit of reading this week, which I’m proud of, but if only I could have done more. I began with The Queen's Poisoner and enjoyable read which motivated me to buy the second book in the series whilst it was still 99p. My only complaint was the youthful perspective, it meant a lot of the intrigue and politics was missed but I have hope that will develop as the series goes on. I then read Dragon Actually and it was a ridiculous romance, but so enjoyable at the same time. I read and obligatory review copy in the form It Must Be Christmas which did get me in a bit of a festive spirit. And I read my first Nora Roberts book in the form of Chasing Fire. I was intimidated by the length of the book but it turns out you don't even notice the 400+ pages when you're reading because you're completely absorbed in the story.

New To Me

291069362022320446162068526470037268044733157225551UdFSAv6eL30739680
I wish I’d stop doing this section because I always feel terrible seeing the new books all listed for all to see. I look like a terrible book addict (which I am and it’s not a bad thing). Anyway, I am blaming payday for half my purchases. The high of having money to spend makes me buy books, it seems. They are all purchases about from How To Find Love In A Book Shop, which I get approved for on NetGalley. I am happy with all my purchases and cannot wait to start them.

How have you been? Has anyone done anything exciting this week they absolutely must talk about?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.