Sunday Summary // 27.11.2016

27 November 2016

Sunday Summary
Welcome to another Sunday. I hope you’ve had a good week. Mine has been interesting.

So, what has happened since last time? Well, work has been… work. There has been some uncertainty flying around with a few folks at one of our other offices losing jobs. They’ve already stated all year that they’re making cut backs on unnecessary things so, yeah, that has meant a great mood in the office. I mean, we all know we’re pretty safe but it’s disconcerting seeing people you’ve worked with and spoken to over the past couple of years just go. We’ll see what happens.

Any of you here from last week will know I planned Black Friday shopping. I actually had a lot of fun. It was nowhere near as busy as I’m sure the shops were in the US simply because people have to work here, we don’t have a Thanksgiving weekend to look forward to. That, and shops were really encouraging folks to shop online to avoid the chaos. I got a lot of good deals and enjoyed myself. I am over halfway there with my gift buying and I am insanely impressed with myself. Especially as I have even successfully gotten my Secret Santa gift when the challenge is we have to buy gifts that begin with the same letter as the person’s initials. It’s a nightmare! I do need to buy gifts for the friend I went shopping with but that’ll be easy and I need to get my stepdad a gift. How hard can that be?

I do feel the need to speak about blogging today, though. I don’t usually mention blog things as this is where I normally talk about my week but I want to say now I’ve been absent. I’ve not commented on blogs as much and I’m over a week behind on replying to comments on here and I feel bad about it. It’s simply because I’m going through a clump. That and we’re getting to the busiest time of year and I don’t have time to blog as much. As such I want to tell you all now I am not going to be around as much in December. I may get two weeks behind on things and I may only get one post up a week but I am going to get back to the regularly scheduled programming in the New Year. I just want to tell you this now in case you’re wondering why I’m being a bit absent.

What I’ve Been Reading

2399037420517739
As you can see, I’ve not been reading much this way. I think it’s linked to the fact I’m busy, but also because I’ve not felt as motivated to blog and for some reason that puts me off my reading. I did enjoy both books which I’ve read, though. After The Kiss was such a good fun book that gave me a strong urge to rewatch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, it definitely reminds you why Lauren Layne is such a great author. And Far From You was the perfect little mystery YA gem that kept me guessing until about halfway through. It was great, I love when a mystery isn’t blatantly obvious from the beginning

New To Me

51ZBvBPNaIL3287373230542863
As you can see, I may not be reading as much but I’m still getting a few new books in. I’ve already got the first two books in The Sullivan series on my Kindle so when the third went on offer for free I had to get it. I saw Fixing Delilah go on offer for 99p and I already really enjoyed other books by Sarah Ockler so bought that too. As for The Diabolic, it came in a book box and I couldn’t resist. I also got another book in that book box because I’ve been subscribed since the beginning, it was the sequel to the book in the first box… only problem is I already own it. I may have to host a giveaway or something.

Anyway, that is my week. Shopping and work drama. How has your week been? What do you do when you’re in a blogging slump? And any advise for what to do with a duplicate book?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.