How To Find Love in A Book Shop // An Utterly Charming Read Which Had Me Tearing Up At The Start (Although, No Tears Were Actually Shed)

14 November 2016

30739680
Published: 22nd September 2016
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary, Chick Lit, Romance
My Rating:
Everyone has a story . . . but will they get the happy ending they deserve?
Emilia has just returned to her idyllic Cotswold hometown to rescue the family business. Nightingale Books is a dream come true for book-lovers, but the best stories aren't just within the pages of the books she sells - Emilia's customers have their own tales to tell.

There's the lady of the manor who is hiding a secret close to her heart; the single dad looking for books to share with his son but who isn't quite what he seems; and the desperately shy chef trying to find the courage to talk to her crush . . .

And as for Emilia's story, can she keep the promise she made to her father and save Nightingale Books?
I don’t fully remember asking for a review copy of this one (oops?) but I was so excited to get approved for it on Netgalley. I then felt a wain in my interest in it for some reason. I began reading it on the way to work a week before I actually read it in full and I found myself tearing up within the first couple of chapters and promptly stopped reading for fear of embarrassing myself on public transport (you just can’t be crying on a bus at 7:30 am). When I began reading again on a Sunday evening after rereading Chamber of Secrets I was just looking for something to escape into. I didn’t expect to finish that evening.

What Made It So Good?


I wish I could pinpoint one part of the book which hooked me but I can’t. It was just an utterly charming read. I don’t know if it was the fact it centred around a book shop or if it was the likability of the characters or a combination of everything but something just clicked for me.

I really enjoyed the fact this was centred around several characters and you got to see lots of different perspectives. It’s what kept me reading, I think. The way this large group of people or seemed to be linked in the town and how their lives seemed to revolve around this book shop in some way. For some they never ventured in but they were connected to it by someone else and that was amazing. You forget the connections you have in your life so reading about it in this book was amazing. It was also seeing how another characters actions influenced another person as the story progressed. I loved those connections and influences. I mean, who doesn’t?

In The End I Loved It And You Might Too


This book had my tearing up from the beginning and I knew I was in for a blinder. I was right. This is the perfect cute autumn/winter read. It's the kind of book you read in one sitting with a hot drink wrapped in a blanket preferably by a roaring fire. I cannot praise it enough.

Has anyone else noticed the trend in book shops in books? What is your favourite book shop read, I’m thinking of making a list for myself. And has anyone else been put of reading a book because it made them tear up only to learn they loved it?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.