Sunday Summary // 13.11.2016

13 November 2016

Sunday Summary
My week has been interesting. I spent the beginning of the week watching too much TV and reading (although only sporadically) and generally it was pretty chilled. At least home wise it was, anyway. The most exciting thing which happened was having a roast dinner mid week and Friday night me and my best friend went out drinking, we got to try some new bars around town we’ve not been to before. It was fun to do something a little different.

Work wise, well… it’s been a little bit more than interesting. We had a couple of members of my team apply for an internal job this week which came as a bit of a surprise. I mean, we expected the one, she’d spoken of wanting a change already, but the other was a surprise. She explained her reasons and it’s not us or the job at least. We’re hoping that means things can be done to keep her but we shall see. The thing is, if both go we’re left in the lurch and I hate that. The thought of all the work and training that will happen doesn’t fill me with joy. It’s stressful, but we have to hope that things will work out.

I’m sure everyone has been rocked by the whole Trump election, as well. I mean, I’m not even from the US and I am rocked by it. I knew that the political feelings weren’t stable and that America was angry, but I did not expect an untested business man to be elected to the highest position in the US. Especially not after the numerous comments he has come out with which are just simply offensive. People joked about him being elected but God damn, who knew it would happen? It’s a scary time, but people are just the same today as they were yesterday and there is a new generation who voted against what Trump represents so we just have to hope that we can continue to do better.

What I’ve Been Reading

2272537326807353298525143134491617673278
As you can see, my reading week has been a bit hit and miss. I’ve just not been able to get truly stuck into a book. I begin to and then have to stop reading (normally because I’m at work) and then I don’t get back into it for a while next time I pick it up. It’s an actual nightmare.

I read Doctor January and totally enjoyed reading it. It was an interesting romance that was fun to read. I loved friends to lovers and it was a slow one. Then I began reading Claimed… that was less enjoyable. It just wasn’t my kind of book but at least I tried. I read The Sun Is Also A Star and loved it (although I was wary at first). I’m glad I read that one, it was definitely the favourite of the week. Then there is The Bear and the Nightingale, I am enjoying it but it’s a hard book to sink my teeth into. I’m loving the small (if not entirely accurate) history lesson I’m getting with this book, though. I hope to finish it by the end of next week and it’s my first 2017 read. I am also reading Searching for Someday and that’s a sweet romance that is a little farfetched but my disbelief is firmly suspended.

New To Me

29095176
This is the only book which I’ve bought this week. I am proud of that fact because I’ve been buying way too many lately. This is a pretty looking book by an author I love. I’m excited to get reading as it sounds like Ahern has returned to some of her more fantastical reads.

1610109023262749212579012051773923711685
Sadly, I can’t say I was as restrained when it comes to my book borrowing from the library. I borrowed five books and renewed my lending of two more. I have too many books already, I don’t know why I took out so many but I kept seeing books I’d been meaning to read and could have taken more if I hadn’t restrained myself. So many books so little time!

So how have your weeks been (outside of the obvious)? Anyone read anything which I should have on my radar? And has anyone else begun reading some 2017 reads (with it being so close now)?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.