Sunday Summary // 02.04.2017

02 April 2017

Sunday Summary
Welcome to April. I’m pretty glad to see the back of March, it was one of those months where some horrible things happened and even with the good news of friends it was still blech.

I’m in one of those weird moods the past few days. In the past few days the small town I live in has been on the national news because a truly awful crime happened. An entire family has had their lives shattered and suffered a truly awful loss and it was horrible because this is my town which I have lived in most of my life and so it’s been a real shock to see such a terrible crime happening here. I won’t go into the details but it’s definitely one of those things that really shakes you to the core and I’ve been at a bit of a loss the past few days. It’s not even like it’s directly impacted me but it’s really bothered me, you know? I think because it’s so close to home. You hear about crimes and can distance yourself from them but when it’s on your doorstep. Yeah, it’s been one of those.

But let’s cheer up a bit. I did have a really great start to the week. I went out for food with some friends. One of my oldest friends was back home from London for a few days and I haven’t seen her since Christmas and she’s gotten engaged so we had a whole lot to talk about. It was so good seeing her in person because the phone just isn’t the same, you know? And she made an excellent point that your best friends you will see and you won’t need to catch up on each others lives but instead you’ll be laughing about the most ridiculous things like you only saw each other yesterday and my God we definitely did that. I don’t know what it is but it doesn’t matter if it’s been a week, a month, a year, but we ca still pick up right where we left off and act like idiots. I need more of that in my life.

Apart from that though I’ve not been too busy. Just busy trying to get everything ready at work for our office move next week and trying to be organised.

What I’ve Been Reading

rookie movehard hitter18590531081991
It’s been a very slow reading week, unfortunately. I mean, I really loved both Rookie Move and Hard Hitter. I completely loved them and will be posting reviews soon for them. I think then I was a bit lost as to what I wanted to read next because I’d gotten a new book in and then I’ve got all those library books to read and about 5 ARCs I should really get reading and so I settled on nothing for a few days. Eventually, I picked up Romancing Mr Bridgerton because I knew it would be fun and easy and I really love Julia Quinn and want to get reading her Bridgerton series so that was awesome. And now I’m rereading Faking It because you can’t go wrong with a reread (I hope).

New To Me

What Happens in Scotland29748925fire in you
I’ve not bought as many as I could have but I’ve definitely gotten more than I should have. I impulsively bought What Happens in Scotland because it sounds awesome and it was cheap (also I want to read the second book in the series but I can’t read out of order!). My preorder of Strange the Dreamer got delivered and I am so nervous about reading it that it may take me six months to crack the cover. And I also received a review copy of Fire in You (yes, I know I continually vow to give up on Jennifer Armentrout but her contemporary books get me every time, they are my guilty pleasure).

And that is my week. Basically it’s been a strange one but next week will be interesting as we finally move office! How has your week been? Ever been shocked by events in your local community? And I can’t be alone in being intimidated by highly anticipated reads?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.