Sunday Summary // 31.12.2017

31 December 2017

Sunday Summary
So I thought I would be way more present this week than I was. I got blog posts finished but I have a whole heap of blog maintenance to get done and I’ve not replied to any of you guys! It’s only a quick update of reading and new purchases because I’m also posting the final monthly wrap up of the year today and I need to finish that too! And I’ve not finished deciding on my reading challenges either.

I have been busy, though. We’ve begun planning for my nan’s funeral and it has been exhausting, mostly emotionally draining but still exhausting. I have found some time to see friends and do fun things. I helped one friend find a new phone. I went and grabbed coffee with another and exchanged presents and so this week had it’s moments.

Let’s not forget this week began with Christmas! We had a really nice day here, even though there was the news overshadowing the day. My stepdad had his children and grandchildren over so it was a crazy loud day of children playing with new toys and laughing and shouting. It was essentially way too loud but a great distraction. We ate tasty food and it was fun. I’m glad we had such a good day since the rest of the week was taken up with funeral planning.

What I’ve Been Reading

Head CoachThis Is Going To HurtThe City of Brass
Another week of not much reading. I am continually kept busy but at least I am enjoying what I read. I finished The Cruel Prince (which was awesome) and so went for something completely different and enjoyed Head Coach (even if it was way shorter than expected). I got This is Going to Hurt for Christmas and even though it’ll probably only be interesting to UK readers it was a really good book about life as a junior doctor and how the government is screwing over NHS staff and not helping at all. I started The City of Brass on Friday night and so far it is brilliant. It’s the kind of brilliant where you want to take your time so you don’t finish too soon but also want devour it all.

New To Me

This Is Going To HurtA Closed and Common OrbitBonfireSuccessor's PromiseThe Obelisk GateThe Stone SkyThe Year We Hid AwayFar From the TreeThe Lonliest Girl In The Universe
Yeah, I did get a few new books both as presents and a couple which I treated myself to. I was pretty impressed with my haul and I didn’t spend anymore than £10 on the books I got and the rest were ones I wanted for a while.

How has your final week of 2017 been? Who is ready for 2018 and the possibility of a better year?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.