Pokémon Go Tag // Where I Rave About Books And You Can Too

20 August 2016

pokemon-go-book-tag
This is a tag created by Aentee at It Read At Midnight and as soon as I saw it I knew I had yo do it. I wasn’t tagged but I tagged myself anyway. I mean, it didn’t even need to be a Pokémon Go tag, I would have just done it if it was Pokémon but everyone and their mom seems to be playing Pokémon Go at the moment so taking part in the tag seemed appropriate.

Shall we begin?
pokemon-tag-01starters
I don’t know that one single book started my love for reading. I distinctly remember reading as a child at my nan’s house and being jealous that my nan and brother could sit there and read in their head whilst I was still reading aloud. The sense of achievement I felt when I achieved this feat was astounding.

What that little story tells you is that reading has always been something I’ve pursued and loved and I couldn’t pin point one book which made me love reading. I was raised into reading, really. I remember my nan getting me to read the Milly-Molly-Mandy books and making me want to live in a thatched cottage. I remember reading When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit and crying and being convinced studying for language tests the night before was the only way to go. Basically I was always reading and my nan and my mom are to blame.
pokemon-tag02pikachu
The obvious choice would be Harry Potter (that’s definitely a modern classic by now, right?) but the stereotypical classic I would choose would be Pride and Prejudice. It’s the first ‘proper’ classic I read and really enjoyed and I will always love it. It’s a book my nan introduced me to (well, the internet first introduced me to it along with Bridget Jones and then my nan bought it for me and borrowed the BBC adaptation from the library for us to watch one summer). I will never got bored of Pride and Prejudice. Ever!
pokemon-tag-03-zubat
I think this one may be the Throne of Glass series. I loved the first two books then after the third book was released I was late in thinking about reading it and then I saw all the spoilers online and just couldn’t bring myself to read it (I love you Chaol) and then the fourth book came out and it got no better and I was too annoyed and utterly fed up so screw you Thrones of Glass. I’m done.
pokemon-tag-04-ditto
I really enjoyed A Thousand Nights, a book which was out around the same time as The Wrath & The Dawn. They are both retellings of A Thousand and One Nights but that is where the similarities end. They are both fantastic books for different reasons and I’ve reviewed both explaining why I loved them. I loved A Thousand Nights because it was one of those beautifully written books that has a much more sedate story but enchants you with it’s pretty writing and subtlety instead. It’s not one for everyone but I loved it.
pokemon-tag-05-snorlax
Erm… I started A Song of Ice and Fire and got to book 3 but haven’t been able to face continuing. I haven’t continued on with the Outlander series after book 1 because every book is a tome! Those are the two biggies for me. I am a reader who can face reading the first book and then makes excuses not to continue, even when I love the first book. I never claimed not to be weird.
pokemon-tag06-gengar
I feel it should be a creepy book to fit the ghost-type Pokémon of Gengar but I can’t think of any. The last book which kept me up reading until late because I just had to finish it was These Shallow Graves. I absolutely needed to know what was going to happen and so I stayed up way too late to find out. I’d guessed a lot of things before the end but I needed to have it all confirmed and I wanted to know all and I loved every second of it. Seriously, read it!
pokemon-tag07-nidokingqueen





I have to have just one OTP? That seems cruel for many a reason. I mean, I think the pairing that I love best is that in a romance book I continually return to is Bet Me and the couple in that, Min and Cal, are one that I adore. I don’t care that I know what happens every time I will be cheering them on.

Also I really love all the couples in Rainbow Rowell’s books. They are very shippable. I adore Eleanor and Park, Levi and Cath, Simon and Baz, Georgie and Neil and Beth and Lincoln. She just writes very shippable couples.
pokemon-tag08-rapidash
I am a fast reader so what makes a fast-paced read? I think my latest fast-paced read which was action-packed and I didn’t want to put down was False Hearts. I mean, that book was a sci-fi marvel for me and I’m so glad I impulse bought from Waterstones for the pretty, pretty cover. It’s a book which I bought for the conjoined twins, cult aspect but I loved it for so many other reasons. The author put so much effort into researching all and I seriously recommend it.
pokemon-tag09-eevee

I know it doesn’t have a lot of spin-offs, as such. But I mean it’s just this entire world and I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of going back and reading things to do with it. I love the books that were released that are tie ins, such as Quidditch Through The Ages, because they just expand upon a universe which already feels real to me. I will always be excited (and very nervous) to see something new in this world, be it good or bad.
pokemon-tag14-magikarp
I mean, I am continually surprised by books and series. The one I’ve been surprised by recently? I think I’m going to have to say The Body Electric. I read this and didn’t have a clue what to expect. I didn’t expect to fall in love with it and just adore it. This is most definitely a book I could read again and again. It was just fantastic. It didn’t even matter that it was so very similar to False Hearts in some ways, I still adored it.
pokemon-tag12-legendary
I mean… I don’t know? I suppose the one which springs to mind with hyped series is obviously Maggie Stiefvater and her Raven Cycle series. Everyone seems to adore it and I’ve not even started the first book. I know I will inevitably read it but I am fully aware there is a hella lotta hype about it which could be good or bad for me.
pokemon-tag15mew-mewtwo
I really, really wish I owned the Deluxe Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone because it is stunning. It also costs like £150 and I cannot justify that on a book which is probably basically the same as the normal illustrated edition. It sure is pretty, though. No one can deny that fact.
61ZNsIoFXAL
pokemon-tag10-egg
This one is easy, I’ve currently got an ARC sat on my Kindle of it. My most anticipated debut is Iron Cast by Destiny Soria and I cannot wait to start reading (I think it’s the next ARC on my list but I’d have to check).
pokemon-tag11-lure-module
Too many to list… but I will anyway:
  • Sarah Dessen
  • Laini Taylor
  • Cecelia Ahern
  • Sarah MacLean
  • Tessa Dare
  • Mhairi McFarlane
  • Jill Shalvis
  • Morgan Matson
  • Colleen Hoover
  • Rainbow Rowell
  • Gayle Forman
  • And that is just to name a few…
pokemon-tag13-server-down
Strange the Dreamer…. I thought it was out next month and it’s been pushed back until next year! I love Laini Taylor and was thrilled to see she had a new book coming out. It’s disappointing to have to wait a bit longer but I know the wait will be worth it. I’m even putting off reading the book sampler that cam in my Illumicrate until it’s closer to me having that book in my hands.

***

Please, join me in the Pokémon Go tag. I tag everyone because I can. I want to hear your reading story and I want to see the books you love.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.