Sunday Summary // 24.05.2020

24 May 2020

At this point I’m not even surprised that I am here writing a Sunday post… on a Sunday. My plans to becoming a blogging pro and not constantly be running behind on posts? Yeah, my ability to stay motivated had something to say about that. But anyway, this has been a mixed week, which is probably why I am only typing this post up on a Sunday.

 

The good? We have had some lovely weather here in the UK. It arrived when I’ve got to be sat at my computer from half 8 til 5 but we still had good weather. I even cracked out the shorts and bared my pasty white legs to the world… they are now a slightly darker shade of white so it was totally worth it. I took advantage and during my half hour lunch break and once I finished working to sit in my garden and read. Also avoided sun burn so really, I deem that a success. During my time sat outside in the sun my missing garden chair also arrived! I didn’t get the advance warning I was told I was going to have about the delivery so the knocking at the front door did scare the bejeesus out of me. A delivery driver has probably never had someone so happy to receive a chair, though. Put a massive smile on my face… of course a couple of days after the delivery I was stacking those chairs in a corner as I worried the ridiculously strong winds we’ve had here might blow them away (they didn’t).

 

Sunny weather and happy deliveries have definitely made this a good week. Talking about deliveries, I got my food shop in on Friday and I could have kissed my delivery person. For the past 2 months any time I have done a food order or gone into my little local shop I have checked to see if there has been any flour. Flour is like gold dust, it is simply not on the shelves. So when plain flour arrived in my delivery, I was about ready to throw a party. I have been wanting to bake ever since I moved into the house so of course, when I finally decide to start what happens? Lockdown. And then there wasn’t flour on the shelves. Just typical. I’ve already decided my first bake will be some white chocolate blondies as they have been on my baking list for so long. I’ll report back if they’re a success…. and if not… well, we won’t talk about them.

 

Now for the bad. It’s not even bad, I’ve just feeling meh. I think I’ve officially been stuck at home for too long. I mean, I thought other weeks were rubbish and have been getting me down but this week? I think it hit me that this isn’t ending any time soon. My office has told me to consider working from home as ‘the new normal’ and so it looks like we’re in it for the long haul. We’ll probably only return to the office for meetings and training for a while. This means I now need to talk to my boss about work equipment because I’m using my own laptop to work on and I’ve bought a few things so I won’t end up with a terrible back and have even worse posture than I started with. I actually don’t mind working from home. I like that I can get up a little later, that as soon as I finish working I can walk to my living room and start thinking about what’s next, I just don’t like that it had to come from a pandemic to make it happen because now I can’t get any social interaction in after finishing work. I know everyone is in the same boat and I am making the effort to arrange calls and chat with friends but I definitely miss going places. It’s one of them, I guess. It probably doesn’t help this weekend is a bank holiday weekend and yet I can’t make plans like I usually would.

 

Talking about bank holiday weekends, as it was a long weekend I thought I better try and occupy my time at home. I originally planned to paint my bedroom. When I first began decorating rooms in the house I bought a giant tub of cheap white paint as I needed a fresh base for the walls in the living room. I planned to put that in my bedroom to get rid of the hideous magnolia walls, but the first step in even starting to paint that room was to move some furniture. I’ve a chest of drawers which I feel like are a little in the way but I most definitely need. I don’t have any bedside tables at the moment so I figured I could move it to one side of my bed and it would be a rather tall side table. Great idea. Now, I have carpet in the bedroom (a hideous beige but recarpeting/replacing flooring was an expense I was not willing to cover when I needed to furnish the house) so moving furniture on your tod is not the easiest. I ignored all sense though and decided moving furniture by myself would be fine. I took the drawers out and started doing some little mini shimmies to move it across the carpet. It was almost in the right place a few inches back… and then I broke one of the wooden pieces that sits on the drawers. I mean, I couldn’t make this streak of bad luck up. I moved it to where I want, I’ve put the drawers back in and looks like at some point I’ll need to get a piece of week cut to replace it but seriously, wtf? Who have I offended recently for this bad luck? It’s safe to say after that disaster I’ve chosen not to paint, I just can visualise a disaster happening, the magnolia can live to see another day.

 

What I’ve Been Reading

Not much reading done, I had plans to read more but then I just seem to be watching TV all the time on a night. This is partially because I need to have the TV on to drown out the background noise that comes from next door. From the hum of their TV to her kids playing. It distracts me from reading so then the TV goes on and I get sucked in to a show. I’ve been watching The Great British Sewing Bee (I know, I’m not sure how that happened either) and cooking shows. TV has become a strange place. Anyway, we’re here for books. What I’m saying is I’ve wanted to read but my attention span said no. Therese Beharrie once more graced us with a lovely read which had me wanting to travel the world and then I read a Kindle Unlimited borrow and it was so cute (it’s in the name). I have just started another book but I’ll include it next week as I literally started it this morning when I wasn’t quite ready to drag myself out of bed (yes, that’s where my motivation is right now).

 

New To Me

And then I did some book shopping. only two purchases, but more than I’ve done in the past couple of weeks. And a couple more arcs for my shelf as well. Mismatched in Manhattan is the book I’ve just started, I’m a chapter in and we’ll see, it’s called Ghosting: A Love Story in the US, I think. And then as soon as Olivia Dade tweeted about being able to request copies of 40-Love I was there. I mean, it sounds good but also that cover! I am loving her cover artist, she’s used them on a few of her releases now. It’s Leni Kauffman for those wondering and if I could I would just have her artwork throughout my whole house.

 

And that is my week… along with a lot of Sims 4 playing. I’ve even preordered the latest expansion pack even though I am certain my computer will not be happy about such things but I need something to keep me entertained stuck at home and thus Sims. What have you been reading lately?

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.