Sunday Summary // 16.08.2020

16 August 2020

Sunday Summary
 

It’s Sunday again and it’s been a week! I don’t even know where the week has gone.

 

Actually, I know where the week went. It was in a blur of being too hot and not sleeping. Last weekend a heatwave hit the UK and it was lovely for a couple of days (although a touch too warm) and the the heat carried and the humidity hit. That was when the heatwave started to suck. I was sweating, couldn’t sleep, too hot to cook. I was melting. I wasn’t fun. I have deep regrets not buying a fan for the house yet. I miss the office as at least we have AC there, I had to move to working in the kitchen for a few days. It did mean we had some epic storms during this heatwave which was fun to watch and refreshing for about half an hour on a night. Thankfully the heat has passed and we have rain again. Sorry, no more talk of weather.

 

I also had some good news this week… but I’m still not ready to say what it is. Got to dot the i’s and cross the t’s before I say more. I just don’t want to jinx myself, you know? I like to wait for everything to be fully confirmed but it’s exciting. I’m hoping it means good things coming. It was actually good news for someone else in my family too. My brother had decided to make a career move he’d been considering for a while and got accepted on a teaching course to start September. It feels like it’s all change right now for us but our family is having good things happening. 

 

I met up with a couple of friends Friday and we had a big catch up for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was honestly so much fun. I forget how much fun it was when we meet up. We went to a pub I’ve not been to since before lockdown. It started off week, social distancing, limited tables, there were bouncers on the doors so not too many people could get in. Sadly, as the night progressed and more drinks were consumed you noticed social distancing rules slide. I blame that more on being out on a Friday night than the pub. It was still a good night despite that. I did get into a debate about whether coronavirus was real with one guy I see there all the time. It was an exhausting conversation which ended with us agreeing to disagree but it was shocking to realise that people are willing to believe this pandemic is a global conspiracy theory. 

 

After spending the evening with friends I was exhausted Saturday and ended up having such a lazy day. I meant I did none of my chores, no blog catch up. Nothing. I only left the house to go my mom’s because I knew my brother was going round so I would get to see him to congratulate him on being accepted. I then spent my time watching TV and saw the latest Jumanji film, it was actually really good. The acting was so impressive to show different characters were inhabiting the computer game avatars, it’s something you really don’t expect.

 

What I’ve Been Reading

I think because of the heat I’ve hardly touched books. I’ve just not had the attention span for it. It means I’m still reading Hawke and Sienna’s book. I’m loving what I’ve read but I need a few hours to just curl up and read this weekend. I don’t know if that will happen though. I did manage to get one audiobook in on Scribd, though. I actually borrowed You Should See Me In A Crown from the library and couldn’t get into it. I then attempted listening to it a couple of weeks ago and the narrator didn’t grab my attention. But this time around? It totally just worked for me and I got the hype. Third times the charm really is a thing. 

 

New To Me

I don’t know what’s up with my and book purchases lately. I just can’t help treating myself. 


That was my week, anyone else suffering with the heat lately? And what books are you reading lately? Give me recs.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.