Top Ten Books If You Like X TV Show/Movie/Comic/Play

28 April 2014

So, it’s time for Top 10 Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish. This week I’ll be recommending books for you based on films and TV shows. This was a thinker for me. I’m going to do a few book recommendations for several different things and let’s hope that adds up to 10, I suppose.

If you like…

936full-nashville-poster

...then you should try reading...

227444160584881608120220564887
So, I’m a huge fan of Nashville. There is just something about a TV show about country music that I love. I love the drama, I adore the music, I even went so far as to download the soundtrack from iTunes. So, reading books about music is another thing which I adore. So, Guitar Girl is not a book about country music, it is about a girl who starts a band with her friends, but it has the same general kind of vibe. It is for those who aren’t a huge country music fan but love books where music is a major theme. Some books that have more of a country music vibe about them since they have country music as a part of them. Dirty Little Secret is a good book about a girl overshadowed by her Taylor Swift-esque sister and about her drive to be a performer herself. I know you all have hear of Open Road Summer, that has more over a Nashville vibe about, that’s for sure. And I have no idea what Made in Nashville is like, i’s on my TBR pile because I felt like it had some mega Nashville vibes and I want to read it.

If you like…

veronica_mars_2004_1109_poster_full

…then you should try reading…

6853232203521484
It is no secret that I am a huge Veronica Mars fan. I haven’t really attempted to hide the fact, have I? So if you’re as bummed as I am that the TV show has ended, and the film has now been and gone, then try reading some of these books to get you through. These are all Veronica Mars-esque without being dupes. Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series has the mystery and wit that Veronica Mars has, but it is most definitely an adult series, not YA I’m afraid, but if you like that kind of thing. Same is true For Meg Cabot’s Size 12 Is Not Fat, it’s an adult book series, it has mystery and some humour, but it is a more distant book with some similar stylistic things about it. It popped into my head while I was thinking. And finally there is Cracked Up To Be, it is not a mystery type book, but it is about the downfall and rebellion of a popular girl, so you can see where I’m coming from with this one. This one has the high school setting I enjoyed with Veronica Mars, so you know, why not.

If you like…

Once-Upon-a-Time-Season-2-Official-Poster-Emma

…then you should try reading…

44072132611235712
So, this is another one which has some vague links to the TV show. Once Upon a Time is a great show, and if you like to see adaptations of some classic stories you think you know then you’ll enjoy these books. American Gods is an amazing book, Neil Gaiman is a writing god. It’s influenced by religion and mythology from around the world, adapting them from the tales you think you know into the most confusing story ever, and it is done flawlessly. Seriously, read it! Fables is a very obvious choice for if you like Once Upon A Time, it’s a comic book series that also has adapted our well known fairytales. It is also amazing, read it, please. Finally, there is Cinder the cool series on the block where the Cinderella story is twisted and turned into something new. I have not read it, but it is most definitely a thing to read if you like adaptations.

And there you have it. Anyone else got some suggestions for it you like any of these shows?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.