I May Have Spent Too Much Money

17 August 2014

Sunday Summary

I’ve been a terrible blogger this week, and for that I am sorry. All I’ve posted is a TTT and this summary post. God, I’ve no excuse. I even have a review sat in my drafts all unposted and unloved. I’m going to be honest with you all and simply say I couldn’t be bothered.

 

So I visited a hairdressers in my life ever yesterday (yes, I’ve never been to a hairdressers before and I am 23, but my justification is my mom cut my hair because she was a hairdresser so she totally knows what she’s doing, why pay for what you can for free, right?) and it was an alright experience. I am never going to be enamoured with hairdressers but it was quick and pain free, whcih is all you can ask for really.

 

I have been bothered to shop this weekend, though. No books were bought. I was tempted though, guys. Walking away from Waterstones without a purchase was difficult, but I persevered and stayed strong. I bought some boots I’ve been eying up and Topshop and essentially just shopped myself out. It was wonderful.

confessions-of-a-shopaholic

Now, on this summary post now is the point I would tell you what books I’ve been reading this week… but I’ve barely read anything. A shock for me considering I average three books a week. It’s not that I’m in a slump, because I’ve still been reading. It’s just… Everything I’ve read had been enjoyable, but nothing has hooked me lately. Even the Glass series by Maria V Snyder didn’t grip me. If anything the third book left me a bit disappointed. And maybe that is the problem… I’ve been left disappointed by book lately which I was certain I would love.

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif

I am currently reading The Burning Sky, and it’s interesting, if a bit dry. It’s not hooked me though. I’m intrigued, but don’t feel the need to keep reading outside of my commute and lunch hour. I think that is where my issue lies. Normally, you reach a point in a book where you become utterly gripped. It becomes all you want to do. All you want to do is immerse yourself in the fictional world and learn the stories of these characters and reach the end of the book. I’ve not had that feeling in a couple of weeks, which explains the slowing in my reading. I don’t know what has gotten into me, but I’m being left uninspired by what I’m reading

 

Maybe you guys can help. Are there any books which you have absolutely loved recently? Books which have gripped you, made you laugh, made you cry, the kind of book you want to tell everyone about and make them read immediately? If so, let me know so I can get on it.

 

That is my week anyway. I have been very dull and very free with the spending. I’m sorry I don’t have more interesting things to say. Really, unless you want to see all the pretty clothes I’ve brought I’ve been very boring, but since I am so not a style blogger photos of that experience will be very difficult to come by. Anyway, don’t forget suggestions for books. I’m going to go play The Sims now since I’m all excited for The Sims 4 being released next month. I’ll also work on some posts for next week I suppose. I want another discussion post, it’s been too long since I wrote one.

Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.