Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read

12 August 2014

The Broke and the Bookish are posing a more difficult question this week, what books have I bought that I’m not sure I actually want to read? I’ve said before I can be a bit of an impulse book buyer, I like shopping and when it comes to buying books on my kindle, well… if it’s cheap and sounds vaguely interesting I’m probably going to buy it. I am one of those people. It is safe to say there are plenty of books which I have bought and later I’ve thought to myself ‘do I actually want to read this?’ and the answer is probably going to be I don’t think so. I can only select ten though, so I’m going to give you the ones that I know I have a good reason for buying, even if I now no longer fancy reading them.
1578330710897811880681
I bought this one during my new adult reading binge, I thought I’d like it. It involved sport and was an NA book, turns out I really didn’t like it. I did start reading this one, so I don’t know if it properly counts as a book I’m not sure I want to read, but either way it’s included in my list because of the few chapters I read it was awful and I ended up giving up.

Sorry John Green, I liked The Fault in our Stars, but me and this book… it just isn’t going to happen. I don’t know how many times I’ve picked this books with every intention of reading it and each time I’ve not got past the first chapter. I’ve read three John Green books, but this is not one of them. Nor shall it ever be finished I fear. Maybe one day…who knows.

Look, I know this is like some modern classic. It appeals to everything I like in a book. There’s all kind of strange things going on. It is revered and all that. I just don’t know if I’m ever going to read it. Sorry. I want to. One of my friends says it’s amazing, but I don’t know if I want to read it enough. I own it at least. I’m halfway there in the reading it stakes.

I have had this book on my TBR for so long I don’t even know why I added it in the first place. I feel like I added it because I saw someone reading it in a film or on TV and I liked the look of the cover so I figured I’d investigate (if this seems familiar to anyone please let me know because I haven’t the foggiest). This is not the first book to deceive me into buying purely for the pretty cover and it probably won’t be the last. I don’t even know why I wanted to read it so I can’t seem to motivate myself to read it.
11060258135903661852471917252354
I heard about this book probably back when I was still in school. I think someone must have mentioned it being good. Anyway, this series was enough on my radar that when I saw it going for 99p in an Amazon Kindle deal I was all over it and immediately bought it. Thing is, I don’t have much of clue what it’s about or even if I fancy reading it. I think I read the first couple of pages and put it down in favour of something else. I’m just not actually all that interested in it.

I don’t know. I read a review of it in the Metro and the Metro being such a reliable source of information decided that review was enough of a reason to buy a book. Since then I have felt no motivation to fact read the first page or even the dedication. I think my impulsive urge to buy books simply because they sound vaguely interesting at the time may be bad

The person that wrote this book has a blog. It’s sort of a style lifestyle blog. I like that blog. When I saw she had written a book, a YA book at that, I knew I needed to buy it. I then read the first few pages of this book and didn’t feel motivated to finish. Sadly this is a common theme for me. I am a mood reader, if something doesn’t grip my interest within the first few pages then I’m probably going to bail on the book and it’s possible I may never pick it up again.

Tumblr broke out with love for the TV series so when the book was on offer I thought to myself that I would totally read it. Now I’m not so sure I want to read it, but I’m stuck owning it. Maybe I will read it, I can’t say I never will, but I’ve lost the urge to.
1612850412020342
This book has such a cool premise. It sounds so different and so interesting and I’ve just never gotten around to reading it. I bought it when it was a part of the Kindle Daily Deals and I read the first page and I just wasn’t in the mood to read it. I haven’t been in the mood to read it in over a year. Eventually I probably will be, but currently, not so much.

Don’t get me wrong, I still want to read this book. It sounds just as interesting now as when I first read the synopsis, but I do kind of regret buying it. It’s the kind of book I would have picked up at the library, read once and returned. I think that about plenty of books which I read, though. This is a regret buying book but I will probably read it… eventually. I suppose that kind of means it doesn’t fit this weeks theme, but what can you do?

What’s truly terrible about this list is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I went exclusively with books that I’ve impulse bought on my kindle. Don't even get me started on my piles of books on my shelf. My TBR shelf is beginning to look more and more depressing as I add books to it. I can no longer go into Tesco without buying books. I have to avoid the book section in all supermarkets actually. I always regret buying book, they sound interesting when I’m browsing but my attention span is so short that if I don’t begin a book almost immediately I may never read it because so many new books grab my attention instead. Anyone else have these kind of problems? And if you’ve read any of the books on my top ten list and enjoyed them please let me know as it may motivate me to read them.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.