Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

26 August 2014

The Broke and the Bookish seem to be asking all about what is on my shelves I haven’t read yet in various shapes and forms and this week it’s what I really want to read and haven’t bought yet. Now, I often go on about my addiction to buying books so you may all be wandering if there are any books I haven’t bought yet but am dying to read. The answer to that is of course there are. I have a thing where I don’t like to pay normal book prices for ebooks (which is what I mainly read at the moment) because it makes no sense why they are expensive when there isn’t quite the same cost in productions. Anyway, when the books is too pricey in ebook and cheaper in paperback I don’t like to buy paperback because I don’t like damaging the cover, something which is inevitable when it gets chucked in my bag on my commute. Since my main reading time is on my commute and on my lunch break at work it means if a book doesn’t come with me there it’s a while before I get around to reading. So I know if I buy a physical copy it’ll be a while until I get around to reading the book. This isn’t always true, sometimes I sacrifice a book cover when a book is really good, but that’s the rule I tend to stick by.
282491818960620801166
I’ve Wanted to read The Magicians’ Guild ever since I first read what the series was about. I just haven’t gotten around to buying any of the books.

I keep mentioning this book in my TTT posts and the simple reason behind that is I am so eager to read this book but I don’t even own it yet. I keep having doubts if I do want to read it but at the same time I am so excited to read it and yet I’ve not gone and bought the actual book.

A Little Something Different is a newer book to appear on my radar, but ever since I read the blurb for this book I’ve wanted to read it. I feel a bit like I’m too excited for it though, it’s putting me off buying it. I don’t know why that is, but when I am so eager to read a book it will often lead me to waiting longer for buying or starting it and I think it’s because I develop this fear that the book won’t meet my expectations and I don’t want to be disappointed.
18079542205789702061347021076207
The Museum of Intangible Things is another one which keeps popping up on my TTT lists and it is again because I am dying to read it so I keep wanting to talk about it. I will eventually get on to reading it, but today is the not the day.

Can’t Look Away drew me in because of the whole vlog youtube angle this book has. It sounds so interesting it just makes me want to read. I think it’ll be interesting because it’s relevant to today. More and more people have blogs and vlogs and youtube is creating mini celebs out of normal people so it’ll be interesting to read a book about it.

I know Heir of Fire isn’t actually out until September, but regardless I don’t own a copy yet and I’ve been psyched for this book for about a year so I am dying to read it it simply isn’t in my hands yet, which is a shame.
Book of Life, now I know I’ve harked on about the All Souls Trilogy before because I loved the first two books, despite putting off reading them for about two years. Now I have a renewed fear of these books, I’m dying to buy and read the third, but I feel like I’ve forgotten everything which happened in the first two so want to reread them before i begin this, but I remember those books were long and took me about a week to read the pair of them, I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to that kind of reread.
17970441086662416248148
I can’t be the only one that thinks the premise for The Year My Sister Got Lucky sounds hilarious. It doesn’t sound like a series read, it just sounds fun and I need more fun books in my life, also it’s been a while since I read a good contemporary YA and I’m hoping when I get around to reading this one it’ll help renew my love for a genre.

I have had Unspoken on my TBR list for so long I almost can’t remember where I first heard about it. What I do know is that the premise sounds awesome. Girl hearing a voice then finds out that voice is an actual person? Sounds awesome.

And finally we have How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True, a book which intrigues me. It sounds like a good YA contemporary and it’s set in Disneyland, what more could you want? I’ve not read and Sarah Strohmeyer before so I’m hoping when I eventually buy this book it will meet my expectations but I am dying to read.

If any of you have read these books before please tell me what you think and it may help motivate me to get around to buying these books, but there are no guarantees.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.