Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

19 August 2014

The Broke and the Bookish are all about picking topics I have never even thought about before. So what are the books people have been telling me I have to read because they are so me? I don’t know to be honest. It isn’t often I get a book recommendation, it’s more often that I am thrusting book recommendations by the mountain full on other people. I don’t know why I don’t get all that many book recommendations, but I don’t.
ttt 4
This one is one I am embarrassed to say I haven’t bought yet. I want to. I know everyone has been saying great things and that is the book of the summer, but I’m intimidated by it. I know I’ll love it when I start it, but with all of the wonderful things being said about it… what if I don’t like it?
ttt 2
This is a self imposed book recommendation of sorts. I’ve recommended it to myself in that I love Rainbow Rowell so logically I’ll love this book. I own it. It’s sat on my bookshelf gathering dust. I just haven’t found myself in the frame of mind to read it. Is that bad?
ttt 1
Okay, this is a more chilled chick lit fun book which my friend recommended to me the other day. She said it was fun and an easy read and so insanely enjoyable. Also… the author is none other than Tom Fletcher’s wife… you know that guy out of McFly that did that video I know you’ve all watched and laughed and cried over. I know, how mental is that?
ttt 5
My brother recommended this to me. It’s not often he gives me book recommendations, and to be fair he has essentially recommended the entire Neil Gaiman bibliography to me, because who doesn’t love Neil Gaiman. I loved American Gods, so the next one should be good, right? I’ve just not gotten around to stealing this off of him to read. I think it’s partly because Neil Gaiman intimidates me with how wonderful his writing is.
ttt 6
Does it count when Rachel recommended it as a book to get me out of my book slump? I’m counting it because I’ve been wanting to read this book ever since I heard about it like a month ago or whatever. I love Colleen Hoover so I’m practically guaranteed to love this book.
ttt 3
This is a book recommended to me by my mom. She read the first two books and loved them and she told me I’ll like them because I liked watching Ripper Street when that was on BBC. I don’t know how true her suggestion is, but considering the second book in the series is called The Black Country, which is where I’m from, I’m definitely interested in reading these books.

And… I can’t think of 10 recommendations for books where people have told me to read for whatever reason. Like I said, I really don’t get that many book recs. If you’d like to remedy this issue then please do so in the comments, spam me on twitter, whatever, I don’t mind. As you can see, my recommendations are normally quite varied as well. It’s not often I get a recommendation outside of my usual genres, what can I say. I think the favourite recommendation I got given was Sum: Forty Tales of the Afterlife which a friend told me was the perfect toilet book. We had it in our bathroom third year of uni. She had been given it by an ex back when she had been going through a religious crisis as he claimed it would bring her closer to God or something. Anyway, the book was something I would never have read otherwise, completely different from anything, and I loved it. If you look past the whole religious implication of things it was just entertaining. Seriously, that is a book I recommend to all of you. It is a collection of short stories really. It is fantastic and it is definitely worth a read.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.