Looking Forward // March

02 March 2016

Looking Forward_zps3hettxt8.png
Looking Forward is a regular feature on the blog where I let you know which books I’m looking forward to in the month. I won’t buy all the books featured (especially with my current 5 to 1 buying ban) but they are all books I’m looking forward to being released and want to know if you’re excited about them too. Also, all dates are the released I can find (unless they’re not available) for the UK, because that’s where I live and I like to try and keep to when I can get the books.

25897792
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Time Travel
Release Date: 1st March 2016
14
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Time Travel
Release Date: 3rd March 2016 (UK)
When fragile, sixteen-year-old Hope Walton loses her mom to an earthquake overseas, her secluded world crumbles. Agreeing to spend the summer in Scotland, Hope discovers that her mother was more than a brilliant academic, but also a member of a secret society of time travelers. Trapped in the twelfth century in the age of Eleanor of Aquitaine, Hope has seventy-two hours to rescue her mother and get back to their own time. Along the way, her path collides with that of a mysterious boy who could be vital to her mission . . . or the key to Hope’s undoing.      Addictive, romantic, and rich with historical detail,Into the Dim is an Outlander for teens.
It was the kind of August day that hinted at monsoons, and the year was 1774, though not for very much longer.


Sixteen-year-old Nix Song is a time-traveller. She, her father and their crew of time refugees travel the world aboard The Temptation, a glorious pirate ship stuffed with treasures both typical and mythical. Old maps allow Nix and her father to navigate not just to distant lands, but distant times - although a map will only take you somewhere once. And Nix's father is only interested in one time, and one place: Honolulu 1868. A time before Nix was born, and her mother was alive. Something that puts Nix's existence rather dangerously in question . . .

Nix has grown used to her father's obsession, but only because she's convinced it can't work. But then a map falls into her father's lap that changes everything. And when Nix refuses to help, her father threatens to maroon Kashmir, her only friend (and perhaps, only love) in a time where Nix will never be able to find him. And if Nix has learned one thing, it's that losing the person you love is a torment that no one can withstand. Nix must work out what she wants, who she is, and where she really belongs before time runs out on her forever.

Why Am I Excited?

This is a book which is Outlander for teens! I loved Outlander, how could I not want to read this? The premise is solid, it sounds crazy interesting, involves time travel and is basically awesome. I need to buy this book!

Why Am I Excited?

I know, it’s a book I’ve technically read, but I was so excited for this book to be released so it deserves to be included. I really enjoyed it. Once the story truly began I couldn’t stop reading. 2016 does appear to be the year of time travel fiction, though.
28175701
Genre: Young Adult, Retelling, Fantasy
Release Date: 3rd March 2016 (UK)
5
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: 10th March 2016
Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.

In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart.

But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.
Razor knows his family is haunted by secrets of the past…

High school senior Thomas "Razor" Turner knows his family has a dark history as part of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club, especially when it comes to the secrecy surrounding his mother’s death.

Razor knows his family is haunted by secrets of the past…
 
High school senior Thomas "Razor" Turner knows his family has a dark history as part of the Reign of Terror motorcycle club, especially when it comes to the secrecy surrounding his mother’s death. When Razor starts to dig deeper into his mum's case he turns to the unlikeliest source for help: classmate Breanna Miller, the shy, smart girl he's never looked twice at. But the more time they spend together, the more they realise they actually have in common, and how attracted to each other they really are. When secrets from the past are revealed can their newfound feelings survive?

Why Am I Excited?

I’m not completely sure why I’m so excited about reading this book, but I know I want to read it. I think it’s because I am always on the lookout for a decent retelling, and this one sounds as if it could be interesting. Also, the cover isn’t half bad either.

Why Am I Excited?

So, technically, I’ve actually read this already, but that doesn’t matter. I am still excited for it to be released so I can buy my own copy. I’ve been excited about this book ever since I read Nowhere But Here. I love McGarry’s books and this one was no different.
28587801
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Release Date: 24th March 2016 (UK)
26404831
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: 31st March 2016
War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it with untrustworthy new allies and the empire as his enemy. Though he has convinced himself that he no longer loves Kestrel, Arin hasn’t forgotten her, or how she became exactly the kind of person he has always despised. She cared more for the empire than she did for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she did for him.

At least, that’s what he thinks.

In the frozen north, Kestrel is a prisoner in a brutal work camp. As she searches desperately for a way to escape, she wishes Arin could know what she sacrificed for him. She wishes she could make the empire pay for what they’ve done to her.

But no one gets what they want just by wishing.
As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover that the world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and they are caught in between. With so much to lose, can anybody really win?
Nathan Byrn is running again. The Alliance of Free Witches has been all but destroyed. Scattered and demoralized, constantly pursued by the Council's Hunters, only a bold new strategy can save the rebels from total defeat. They need the missing half of Gabriel's amulet - an ancient artifact with the power to render its bearer invincible in battle.

But the amulet's guardian - the reclusive and awesomely powerful witch Ledger - has her own agenda. To win her trust, Nathan must travel to America and persuade her to give him the amulet. Combined with his own Gifts, the amulet might just be enough turn the tide for the Alliance and end the bloody civil war between Black and White witches once and for all...

Why Am I Excited?

I have been excited about this book since I finished the second one a year ago. I mean, the cliffhanger at the end of it! How could I not be excited about this book? I actually have a review copy off of NetGalley, so I’ll be able to read it a bit sooner, but regardless, I need this book in my life!

Why Am I Excited?

I don’t know if I can actually say I’m excited for this book when I’ve not actually read Half Lost, yet, but I am. I am excited for this series to be concluded because I loved the first book and I want the rest of the series to be just as good.

It turns out that March has less book releases which I am excited about than others. This is, in part, due to the fact I am trying to avoid being up to date on new book releases because my TBR pile is bad enough as it is, let alone adding in more books. I probably have a lot of books I’ve missed from this list, but these are the top releases I am looking forward to, even if they are mainstream YA books.

Which books are you looking forward to being released in March? Have I missed a really great one off of the list?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.