My Kind Of Wonderful // Jill Shalvis Does It Again

23 February 2016

3
Published: 22nd December 2015
Source: Publisher (Headline Eternal)
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Small Town Romance
My Rating:
UNEXPECTED AND UNDENIABLE...


Bailey Moore has an agenda: skiing in the Rockies, exploring castles in Europe, ballroom dancing in Argentina. Now that she has a second lease on life, she's determined not to miss a thing. What she doesn't realize is that item #1 comes with a six-foot-one ski god hot enough to melt a polar ice cap. She doesn't want to miss out on him either, but Hudson Kincaid isn't the type of guy to love and let go. And as gorgeous as Cedar Ridge is, she's not planning to stick around.

As head of ski patrol at his family's resort, Hud thinks he's seen it all. But never has he run into someone like Bailey. She might look delicate, but her attitude is all firecracker. And her infectious joy touches something deep within him that he's been missing far too long. Now he'll just have to convince Bailey to take a chance on her biggest adventure yet . . . something rare and all kinds of wonderful.
I am a shameless Jill Shalvis fangirl, so my review is going to be slightly biased by that fact, but regardless this book was amazing. It was the perfect romance read in the run up to Valentine’s Day. The rain was pouring outside, I was slightly hungover, and I was looking for a fun easy book to pass the morning with. That was this book, and there is nothing better than reading the perfect book to fit your mood.

Why Did I Love It?


The main reason for me loving it? I love Jill Shalvis’s writing and had been eagerly anticipating the second book in her new Cedar Ridge series and boy did this book deliver.

I enjoy small town romances anyway, but I really liked Cedar Ridge when we were first introduced to it, especially as it appears we are currently focusing on the close-knit Kincaid family, with their unusual family tree, gifts of outrageous underwear and their continual need to be violent and sarcastic to one another. The family dynamic is one of my main reasons for loving this book. The Kincaid siblings are cruel to one another, as all siblings are, basically torturing one another with brutal love. It’s so fun to read about Hudson’s relationship with his siblings, he both loves them and wants to punch them in the face out of aggravation. As a younger sibling, I completely understand the frustration you feel about your sibling, you hate them but if they need you, you’re there in a second. It’s strange and Shalvis perfectly captures that feeling in her writing and I love her for doing it so effortlessly.

The other reason for my adoration is the romance. Hudson and Bailey are adorable together. Their attempts to stay apart are ridiculous and so unnecessary, but they made for a fantastic story. I could understand where Hud’s guilt came from, and why Bailey wanted to hold back, but it was so obvious they were better together I couldn’t believe they couldn’t see it.

I Won’t Bother With The Bad, I’ll Just Summarise


Basically, I loved this book. If you like small town romances, men who have a blame complex but are hot with devilish smiles, women who are independent and are determined to have an adventure, and a romance where two people are in denial about how perfect they are together then this is for you. Also, you will have a strong urge to ski, or to wrap up in a blanket with hot chocolate. Both are viable outcomes.

Isn’t it great when you read a book at the completely perfect moment? What was the last book you read that happened to perfectly fit your mood or what you felt like reading?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.