Anything But Books Tag

24 November 2017

So, I saw this tag which Tracy posted over at Cornerfolds, like an age ago (seriously long ago). I knew I wanted to do it and I have slowly been writing my answers ever since. I was short a post for this week (because I don’t want to post two reviews again, they get boring) and I have not had chance to finish my discussions recently. So… you get a post where we look at stuff unrelated to books and you can feel like you are one step closer to understanding me.

CARTOON(S) YOU LOVE?

dragonball z
I was full on obsessed with Dragonball Z when I was a kid, I would come back home from school and watch it on Cartoon Network. Also, I loved Ren & Stimpy, although I was definitely not old enough to get the humour. I liked As Told By Ginger because it was totally relatable to me at that age. X-Men was one of the earliest cartoons I watched and I loved it, I was in love with Remy LeBeau and wanted to be Rogue and then I was obsessed with X-Men Evolution when that was on TV. I loved Animaniacs, that was so one of my favourites. Daria! I loved Daria, she was my idol as a teen with her sarcasm and dry humour. I watched a lot of TV and still do.
pizza

YOUR FAVORITE SONG RIGHT NOW?

I can’t pick just one! I am always listening to something and the song I am obsessed with can change week to week. I will say I a listening to Taylor Swift’s new album on repeat a whole lot since it’s release. It’s not on par with her last one but I still love it a whole lot. The songs have grown on me, especially New Years Day.

WHAT COULD YOU DO FOR HOURS (THAT ISN’T READING)?

strangerthings-stranger-things-season-2-59aa25d00dd0b7230803300f-g
Playing The Sims. Or binge watching stuff. I’m very good at spending an entire day watching one film after another. They don’t even need to be part of a series or even the same genre, sometimes I just like getting lost in a bunch of films when I feel look chilling. This is one of my favourite ways to spend hangover days because it’s very easy on the brain. Currently I am watching The Punisher but the last show I binge watched seriously was Stranger Things 2.

SOMETHING YOU LOVE THAT YOUR FOLLOWERS WOULD BE SURPRISED BY?

DMX15Ps
I don’t know, I feel like I’m pretty open with you guys. I’ve been honest about my watching of Eastenders, I love watching that show and it’s so ridiculous. I mean, maybe X-Factor? I actually really love these reality TV ‘talent’ shows (I do think that’s a loose interpretation of what it really is) but I love them. X-Factor and The Voice I am all over them. Also, I adore the Ninja Warrior programs. I first saw the show when I was in New Orleans (the US version) and me and my mom loved it and then they did a UK version and I fully adore that show. I would love to attempt the course (without having to go on TV to do so). I doubt I’d get very far but it looks a right laugh.

YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO LEARN ABOUT?

980x
Everything! I seriously love learning new things, but I don’t ever learn anything in-depth, I’m just that girl who is constantly Googling something because something has come in conversation I need to know more about or I heard something mentioned on TV and must learn all the things!

SOMETHING UNUSUAL YOU KNOW HOW TO DO?

trumpet-animated-gif-10
Guys, I feel like I have no random skills! I mean, I can tell you insurance related things and finance type things but I have no cool skills. I learnt how to play the trumpet when I was at school… does that count? I would fail epically at that now, though.

SOMETHING YOU’VE MADE IN THE LAST YEAR?


Erm… I did my whole website design when I made over the blog? I know it’s nothing fancy but I had to do a whole bunch of reading up on how to the things I wanted to. I’m okay with computers and I have the basics of HTML down but I was impressed with my blog redesign. I didn’t quite to do all the things I wanted to but I did a lot so that’s a plus for me.

YOUR MOST RECENT PERSONAL PROJECT?

tenor (1)
Seriously, I have no personal projects. I think planning my bullet journal for next year kind of counts. I also have started coming up with my own personal reading challenge for next year. I’d say you guys could join in but it’s really specific to the books on my shelf. It’s just a list of weirdly specific challenges to get me reading more of the books I already own. One category is ‘Book I was so excited for but then I saw a bad review for it so never read it and left it to gather dust’. I literally stared at my shelves to get ideas because my shelves make me feel guilty so 2018 is the year of reading or DNF those books which make me feel judged.

SOMETHING YOU THINK ABOUT OFTEN?

667388a9b66656aa7ffe5fefc87a3ee6610b023cad48dccfe22d28722f032817
So many things. Like, me and my friend were discussing the other night about how with the way online shopping is going eventually people will never leave their house. You’ll deliver a friend to your door and then a weird dystopian film idea happened where people live in cubes and never leave with everything being delivered to them until one person escapes somehow and these are the things I think about.

YOUR ODDLY SPECIFIC FAVORITES?


I adore Nutella, like that should be on all sweet food always.
Marmite is the greatest thing on toast… unless I am fancying something sweet then you obviously have Nutella instead.
I prefer writing with fineliners than biros, my favourites are Stabilo ones just because I like the pack they come in with all the colours.
My favourite colour used to be purple (and still is when asked) but brightly coloured things also now appeal, like lime green and bright pink.
My favourite radio station is Absolute Radio as they have a no repeat guarantee during the week.
My favourite film is The Fall (because it’s visually stunning) but also every rom com in existence because I am a sucker for romance.

THE FIRST THING THAT POPS INTO YOUR HEAD?

banana
I blame this on the fact I mentioned Nutella. Did you know Nutella and bananas go very well together? They do. Especially on a toasted sandwich. Just saying. Give it a go.

And there is a tag where you get to know me and some of my weird thoughts a little better. Enjoy.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.