Monthly Wrap Up // May & June 2019

04 July 2019


Hey guys. We’ve already established my long absence the past couple of months. So this wrap up post is going to be about the past couple of month. I’ll insert music first then scroll down for story time and all the rest.

Can’t Stop Listening



Since I’ve Been Gone

The big thing (apart from the full blogging break I took) was my second trip to New York. Me and my mom wanted to get in the stuff we missed. It was the most touristy trip ever, even more than last time because the awful rain stopped us from doing some things (like the bus tours and Statue of Liberty) so we embraced out inner tourist! I won’t do a day by day recap but it is safe to say this time around I was a lot more free with my credit card and we got everything on my list (I think). Our first full day we once more went to Central Park and was it warm! We strolled around and had a great time exploring. Then it was off to the zoo which was quite an experience and not like I expected but I really enjoyed it. I know it’s a small zoo but it was a really great experience and we enjoyed ourselves. Our next day was spent walking the streets and exploring various shops (because is it a true holiday if you don’t spend money?) and I went back to my hotel with clothes and books. We then spent our next day being true tourists, we went on bus tours and hopped on a boat tour on the river. I can finally say I’ve seen the Statue of Liberty and I’m pretty happy with that. We only had one day of truly awful weather (it rained so much! I was wet right through!) and on that day of awful weather what did we do but shop? I mean, I had no other choice! And then our trip was over. I spent several days eying up some Frye boots in Macys as well, it’s safe to say I now own those boots and I am poor. Feel sorry for me! Oh, and did I mention our celebrity sighting? We almost walked into Alec Baldwin walking out of a TV studio, it was pretty exciting except we were looking for breakfast so priorities and all that. Food comes first.

And that was my big adventure of the month. I spent the rest of my time trying to resist the urge to spend more money (and failing). I also spent the hottest day of the year (so far) in a warehouse playing bingo. We were invited at work to go to Bongo’s Bingo (no, I’d never heard of it either) but a friend sold it to my as a cross between bingo and a nightclub where they play cheesy music and drink and play bingo to win stupid prizes. I thought it would be rubbish but turns out best night out I’ve had in a while. I sweated my ass off dancing on a table and being sad when I missed out on winning both a unicorn and  a cardboard cut out of David Attenborough. We’re hoping to go again because it was a brilliant way to close the month of June but let me tell you I was hungover the next day. Ph, and did I mention instead of riding one of those bucking bronco things they had a bucking penis? Yep. I laughed myself silly when I saw it too. These are the things I find funny and so many jokes were made that night.

May & June Reads


The DNF Few:

Sisters Red
I was going to order in favourites but honestly if I finished it I enjoyed it. The weakest of my finished reads was probably Empress of All Seasons but as a whole they were all pretty decent reads.I’m sad I took a hiatus before I reviewed some of these because I read some real gems I really did. I DNF-ed three books (although there are probably more I forgot to include) and they are on the firm, probably won’t try again list. But I’m sad I DNF-ed a Talia Hibbert read so I will be trying her writing again, it didn’t click for me that time but there’s hope yet, right?

May & June Posts


How have the past couple of months been for you? I’ve still got posts to catch up on but I’d love to catch up.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.