Looking Forward: December

05 December 2015

Looking Forward_zps3hettxt8.png
Looking Forward is a regular feature on the blog where I let you know which books I’m looking forward to in the month. I won’t buy all the books featured (especially with my little spending ban, I shouldn’t even be allowed to look at books right now) but they are all books I’m looking forward to being released and want to know if you’re excited about them too.

I meant to post this sooner but life has gotten in the way of my time in front of a computer, it is only a short collection of books this month, though. These are the books I’m most intrigued by and I want to know your thoughts on them too.

26129482Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove #4.5) – Tessa Dare
Release Date: 8th December 2015 (Kindle/ebook)
Genre: Romance, Historical Romance, Novella
A snowstorm hath no fury like a spinster scorned!


Miss Elinora Browning grew up yearning for the handsome, intelligent lord-next-door…but he left England without a word of farewell. One night, inspired by a bit too much sherry, Nora poured out her heartbreak on paper. Lord Dashwood Missed Out was a love letter to every young lady who’d been overlooked by gentlemen—and an instant bestseller. Now she’s on her way to speak in Spindle Cove when snowy weather delays her coach. She’s forced to wait out the storm with the worst possible companion: Lord Dashwood himself.

And he finally seems to have noticed her.

George Travers, Lord Dashwood, has travelled the globe as a cartographer. He returned to England with the goal of marrying and creating an heir--only to find his reputation shredded by an audacious, vexingly attractive bluestocking and her poison pen. Lord Dashwood Missed Out, his arse. Since Nora Browning seems to believe he overlooked the passion of a lifetime, Dash challenges her to prove it.

She has one night.
This one I am excited for simply because it is Tessa Dare, but also because I love this little series. I’ve not read all the books, but am slowly working my way through them and enjoying them immensely. This sounds like the perfect read for over Christmas! It involves snowstorms and a couple forced together, it sounds so fun, just the kind of story to lose yourself after you’ve been driven mad with prolonged exposure to your family.

Release Date: 22nd December 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Small Town Romance
UNEXPECTED AND UNDENIABLE...


Bailey Moore has an agenda: skiing in the Rockies, exploring castles in Europe, ballroom dancing in Argentina. Now that she has a second lease on life, she's determined not to miss a thing. What she doesn't realize is that item #1 comes with a six-foot-one ski god hot enough to melt a polar ice cap. She doesn't want to miss out on him either, but Hudson Kincaid isn't the type of guy to love and let go. And as gorgeous as Cedar Ridge is, she's not planning to stick around.

As head of ski patrol at his family's resort, Hud thinks he's seen it all. But never has he run into someone like Bailey. She might look delicate, but her attitude is all firecracker. And her infectious joy touches something deep within him that he's been missing far too long. Now he'll just have to convince Bailey to take a chance on her biggest adventure yet . . . something rare and all kinds of wonderful.
Look, this was never not going to be on my list of books I’m looking forward to this month, I wanted to read this as soon as I finished Second Chance Summer. Jill Shalvis will always be the queen of small town romance reads for me and I will always read whatever she has to write because it is wonderful. I hope this will be just as good as her other books, but I’ll have to wait and see.

25120151
The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel #1) – Sarah MacLean
Release Date: 29th December 2015
Genre: Romance, Historical Romance
Lady Sophie’s Society Splash
When Sophie, the least interesting of the Talbot sisters, lands her philandering brother-in-law backside-first in a goldfish pond in front of all society, she becomes the target of very public aristocratic scorn. Her only choice is to flee London, vowing to start a new life far from the aristocracy. Unfortunately, the carriage in which she stows away isn’t saving her from ruin . . . it’s filled with it.
Rogue’s Reign of Ravishment!
Kingscote, “King,” the Marquess of Eversley, has never met a woman he couldn’t charm, resulting in a reputation far worse than the truth, a general sense that he’s more pretty face than proper gentleman, and an irate summons home to the Scottish border. When King discovers stowaway Sophie, however, the journey becomes anything but boring.
War? Or More?
He thinks she’s trying to trick him into marriage. She wouldn’t have him if he were the last man on earth. But carriages bring close quarters, dark secrets, and unbearable temptation, making opposites altogether too attractive . . .




I am so excited for this book it’s crazy and I have to resist the urge to buy immediately because of my December book buying ban (I’ve bought an ebook for 49p, but that doesn’t could against me does it?) but also because the UK cover is boring. I am not a fan of it, so haven’t included on this post, but it is almost enough to put me off buying, but I fully acknowledge that is just me being shallow.
 
26138742
Release Date: 31st December 2015
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
The Rules:


Don't deceive me. Ever. Especially using my blindness. Especially in public.


Don't help me unless I ask. Otherwise you're just getting in my way or bothering me.


Don't be weird. Seriously, other than having my eyes closed all the time, I'm just like you only smarter.


Parker Grant doesn't need 20/20 vision to see right through you. That's why she created the Rules: Don't treat her any differently just because she's blind, and never take advantage. There will be no second chances. Just ask Scott Kilpatrick, the boy who broke her heart.

When Scott suddenly reappears in her life after being gone for years, Parker knows there's only one way to react-shun him so hard it hurts. She has enough on her mind already, like trying out for the track team (that's right, her eyes don't work but her legs still do), doling out tough-love advice to her painfully naive classmates, and giving herself gold stars for every day she hasn't cried since her dad's death three months ago. But avoiding her past quickly proves impossible, and the more Parker learns about what really happened--both with Scott, and her dad--the more she starts to question if things are always as they seem. Maybe, just maybe, some Rules are meant to be broken.
As you can, see my list is predominantly romance this month (it’s what I fancy reading at Christmas) but this YA book deserves a place on here because it sounds fantastic. A book about a blind girl which isn’t all about her being blind but is instead an actual story about a girl who just happens to be blind… of course I want to read that. I have included the UK cover because I like to try and be accurate about what will be available to me. I may just treat myself to this one at the end of year, but we shall see.

And there you have my little wishlist for December. Do you have any of these on your radar this month, and are there any books I haven’t included which you’re looking forward to?


Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.