Sunday Summary 10.01.2016

10 January 2016

Sunday Summary
I’m writing this slightly hungover and very much thinking about curling back up in bed. Honestly, the New Year has started off cold and I spend my days daydreaming being snug as a bug back up in my bed with a really good book. Sadly, you can’t do that everyday of the week, but it is the plan for the rest of my Sunday, but let’s catch up before my bed and I get reacquainted.

I have to say I have been a mess at work this week, but it was good to get back into a routine, even if work was really complete chaos (a story for another day). I think it’s the fact I haven’t done anything for a few days I forgot how to do everything for a good day or two. I don’t think it helped that I felt like a zombie, early mornings are a shock to the system.

I was thrilled to take part in my first proper Twitter chats on Friday, even if I ended up falling asleep by about 10 pm and didn’t get to finish joining in. This Friday #YAtakeover and #UKYAchat happened and it was really fun, but how on earth people manage to stay on top of all the conversations going on I do not know. I also remembered people cannot understand my sarcasm online, it’s annoying, so anyone that didn’t understand my sarcasm I apologise.

Now I’m too hungover to think of proper words to fully recap my week so we’ll skip that and get right onto the books whilst I down a pint of water.

What I’ve Been Reading

23
Look, you can all judge me later, but I read The Lies of Locke Lamora and I just don’t get why everyone loves it. I got bored at least a dozen times in the first few chapters and that didn’t bode well for the rest of the book. I think my opinion formed at the beginning really affected the way I looked at the rest of the story. I will hold my hands up and say I didn’t like it… and then I will leave it at that. It’s just not one for me, which sucks, but at least, I can skip investing in another series. I also read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, a NetGalley request I should have made, but am glad I did. I enjoyed it.

New To Me

1484896420879810250722342583399426138742272353651114159012501590
Okay, so this looks way worse than it actually is. Heart of Steel and Maybe Someday are books I ordered at the end of last month and so they don’t count in my book buying ban. I won When We Collided and Not If I See You First (I know, I won something) both were Twitter giveaways. I got When We Collided from Virginie at LaChouett and I won Not If I See You First from Maximum Pop Books and that was quite exciting for me. As for the rest… I have an Amazon gift voucher, what else am I going to spend my money on?

Sorry, I’m not more thrilling, but hangovers take me out for a full day nowadays, and this one has done me in.

Have you read any good books lately? And isn’t it disappointing when a book everyone seems to love disappoints you?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.