I only intended to do two reading challenges this year, and they were two which are closely linked so books can be interchangeable, but then I saw this reading challenge from Emily at Books and Cleverness and it spoke to me. It spoke to me because I am a notorious book buyer who has heaps of books sat on shelves, both real and digital, that have been left unread going on years. It’s shameful and embarrassing and I should really remedy this issue, and will do so by participating in this challenge. I am trying to be a responsible book buyer this year (I know, what a laugh) and want to try and at least make my shelves look a bit more manageable.
The rules are simple:
- The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2015 – Dec 31, 2015.
- Any book is acceptable, as long as you’ve owned it and have been meaning to read it for a long time.
- I’m going to aim for 15 books for this challenge, I’d go higher but I really am terrible at buying books and I more often than not read the newer books and the old ones get forgotten.
- I will write a round up post each month of what I’ve read for the challenge and post little mini reviews for what I’ve read.
- I’m also not sure how long I have to have owned a book for it to need to be classed as dusting it off, but I’m going to go if it has been sat on my shelf for several months, maybe three months or longer?
Hopefully, this will clear off some of the truly old books on my shelves, I have too many of them and it is getting ridiculous. It sort of links with my aim to get organised because this will be me organising my shelves, which are always in such a state it’s terrible.