Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To

13 January 2015

It’s like The Broke and the Bookish know me, because the theme for the week speaks to me on many levels, mostly on the level that I often buy books or intend to buy books then never get around to actually reading them. I’m trying to remedy this bad habit and attempt to buy less books, but I am pretty certain this will not happen.

21869936
Landline – Rainbow Rowell
This book was released in July 2014, I bought it basically as soon as it came out and now it sits sad and unloved in my TBR pile. I wish I had some excise, but I really don’t know what it would be. I have enjoyed all of Rowell’s books, which is why I ordered this one, I simply have not been in the mood to read it. That is no excuse, I think I’m also wary as I have seen some mixed opinions on this book, but I know I want to read it simply because the premise sounds interesting.
20617636
My excuse for not reading this when it was released is that I was in New Orleans. I reordered it, I intended to reread all the books on the flight over, because I am terrible at sleeping on planes, and then I discovered the wonders of watching films on a plane. I wanted to reread this series before venturing into the third book and I simply have not found the chance. Now I feel like I should wait for the arrival of the fourth book before rereading, but then I might never catch up on the series.
18712887
The Queen of the Tearling – Erika Johansen
I think there might be a theme here, I saw mixed reviews on this one too, not bad things, more like people had niggling little things that bothered them when reading that has led to me putting off reading this. I know I’ve heard plenty of good things too, but sometimes that is not enough motivation for me. I was so pleased when I bought this. I got it cheap from Tesco, and then I saw the version they were selling in Waterstones with the red pages and I wished I’d waited. I will read this book this year, honest.
18668056
I’m going to be honest about this one, this was pure impulse buy after seeing the pretty pictures of this book online. After Kelley over at Oh The Books mentioned I knew I needed this book in my life. I was so excited when it arrived in the post, and then promptly added it to my TBR pile, but I’ve just not been in the mood to get reading it. Damn my mood reading.
20578970
Can’t Look Away – Donna Cooner
I’m including this on my list, but I have in fact started reading this now. I loved the premise of this book. It seems so relevant in the times when vloggers are a huge thing and everyone and their mom seems to watch beauty vloggers on youtube, then I just never really got around to it.
82910416
I was so damn excited that the Veronica Mars movie was coming out, and then when I discovered there was a book to follow on from that I was even happier. I instantly wacked it in my trolley and got a buying online. I then wanted to wait to rewatch from the beginning of the series. I did that, but for whatever reason I didn't continue by reading the book. It has now gathered a thick layer of dust on my shelf and looks a little unloved.
21898643
Boys Like You – Juliana Stone
I was excited for this book for one simple reason, it was set in Louisiana. Then when Rachel over at Confessions of a Book Geek posted about how much she liked it I wanted to read it even more. Then I bought it, and for whatever reason that simple action made my desire to read it lessen some how. I still have it on my TBR and I’m hoping to resurrect my need to read it.
17624060
This book sounded so different and interesting I was immediately intrigued. Then I saw it on offer for Kindle, I decided to buy it, certain I would get to reading very quickly. I didn’t, it has been sat on my Kindle for months, I’m a little ashamed. I still am intrigued, though, and the cover is so pretty I need to start reading it.
22703456
Clariel – Garth Nix
There is one simple reason for me not reading this in 2014, apart from the fact it came out at the end of the year. I’m trying to hold off on buying it until it’s released in paperback because I like my books to be the same. If I get the very pretty hardback they won’t match on my shelf, that is something that is not acceptable to me.
18079542
I wanted this book as soon as I saw the cover for it. It was bound to be a good book with a cover like that. I still haven’t read it, though, or bought it for that matter. It is just so pretty, though, and I always find myself having to look what the book is about, because I never looked at that when adding to my TBR list. I’m shallow with books, sometimes. It sounds interesting, though, and I was really excited for this book so it’s going in my basket to be bought at a later date.

Those are my books I really should have read last year, but will most probably get read this year instead. Have you read any of them, maybe hearing your views will help motivate me? I’m like that, sometimes hearing a lot about a book is enough to get me to pick it up, I’m very suggestible.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.