Sunday Summary 04.01.2015

04 January 2015

Sunday Summary
Welcome to 2015 people. It is the year of me attempting to be a slightly more organised blogger. I mean, don’t get your hopes up, this is no revolutionary change, but I’m at least hoping to be able to post regularly. I have  a bunch of half written posts ready from my Christmas break. How was everyone’s holiday, to Santa bring you lets of nice things? Mine was great until I had to go back to work Friday, longest day at work…ever. And now I seem to have come down with another cold, another. I am obviously not consuming enough vitamin C in my diet because this is probably my third cold in as many months.

Anyway, enough about such boring things, I’m sure you’re expecting to see all the beautiful books I got for Christmas. I hate to disappoint, but I didn’t get any. I did get a shiny new Kindle Paperwhite as my poor old Kindle was getting on a bit and was being to frustrate me with it’s freezing and being slow. I’ve also been terribly good about not buying many books over Christmas, I have bought two new books in the New Year, but oh well.

New To Me

113830782180312923276983
White Cat – Holly Black (purchased myself when I didn’t know what I wanted to read)
Vicious – VE Schwab (Purchased because I am so excited for Darker Shade of Magic and I figure I should attempt to read one of her other books first, to see if I like her writing)
The Winner’s Crime – Marie Rutkowski (received a review copy on Netgalley from Bloomsbury, I immediately got to reading and I have so many thoughts. Also, cannot believe that I don’t even have a release date for the third book after reading this.)

What I’ve Been Reading

189667701138307823276983
Crash Into You – Katie McGarry (because sometimes it’s nice to indulge in a book like this)
White Cat – Holly Black (I can’t believe I got straight onto reading a book I’ve bought, I read it in a day, it was that good)
The Winner’s Crime – Marie Rutkowski (I told you I got straight onto reading, review to follow)

I have to tell you, these are just the books I’ve been reading since the new year, I feel like I read another book at the beginning of the week, but cannot for the life of me remember what it was. I feel like that can’t bode well for the book, but I feel like I really enjoyed it. Damn my book amnesia.

Both The Winner’s Curse and White Cat count towards my Fantasy challenge, so two down ten to go. Although, White Cat didn’t feel like a stereotypical fancy, definitely urban fantasy, but still fantasy I suppose. Maybe I should have challenged myself to read more books, oh well. My other challenges have been largely ignored, though… oops?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.